Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/)
-   -   60k Service Quote Opinions - Firestone (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/60k-service-quote-opinions-firestone-37094.html)

mcalc55 02-11-2012 10:55 AM

60k Service Quote Opinions - Firestone

Just bought my WK - 65k miles, need to do the big tune up. Firestone wants $721 for the following services...which they claim to be whats called for by Jeep.

1. Oil change (I requested synthetic) - 57.49
2. Spark Plug Replacement (Are there better ones I should be putting in than stock?) - $224
3. Front / Rear Axel Fluid Exchange - $104 x 2 Axels ($208)
4. Transmission Flush - $184

Is this reasonable? Should I be getting anything more or less done on the car? Any feed back would be great. The cars in great shape and I drive about 6k a year so I'm not really in any rush. Want to make sure I'm getting the right stuff taken care of so this can last me years.

Thanks in advance!

kennzz05 02-11-2012 01:11 PM

Re: 60k Service Quote Opinions - Firestone

you didnt mention what engine dont know bout the plugs. but on the 6.1 the interval is 100,000 miles. I want to say that when i had mine done at the dealer it was in the 300. dollar range for the axles and tranny but i supplied all the fluids for the axles.

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-11-2012 01:47 PM

do you have a garage/driveway and some basic tools? all of that is simple stuff and can be done on your own for a fraction of that price.
oil change - $30 with mobil one oil and mopar filter from walmart
spark plugs - around $20 depending on engine size (stick with stock plugs)
front and rear diff oil is like $60
i havent done the transmission yet, because the dealer took care of that for me after i bought it.

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-11-2012 02:04 PM

i just noticed that it was time to do my axels and i went on advanceauto.com and saw that royal purple is only $1 more than M1 now so i bought royal purple. bought 4qts for $53.96 with promo code BIG30

Bleeding Blue 02-11-2012 02:53 PM

If you are remotely handy do these items yourself as SGuy said, except for maybe the transmission fluid. There are some how to videos and write ups in the how to section, very easy stuff.

mcalc55 02-11-2012 03:42 PM

haha unfortunately I'm not very handy - or at least haven't done any of it myself..and its a 3.7. I live in an apartment complex so my parking deck is on a constant slope and there isn't much flat ground either...not convenient. I guess maybe I'm looking more for an approval on the price then..

Bleeding Blue 02-11-2012 03:47 PM

I would get prices from a few places and see what everyone is charging in your area. Also make sure they are using the correct fluids. For instance using 75-140 for your diffs.

I have never paid for most of those services, but the price for changing your plugs seems really high considering you have the V6 like me and it is a cake job.

mcalc55 02-11-2012 04:31 PM

Ok maybe I can handle the spark plugs...the jeep dealer wanted 699 for everything plus another 130 for the plugs. The said something about doing a 3 step flush instead of firestone's 2 step and specifically told me to make sure they use a non-slip additive. Kind of embarrassed as i don't know what most of that means but i'll put it all together and figure it out...thanks for the help guys...still welcoming anymore thoughts