Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Fender flares coming unstuck anyone?

31K views 102 replies 61 participants last post by  sternjam 
#1 ·
I noticed today that both sides of my Jeep have the plastic fender flares peeling up.. Anyone else notice the plastic trim above the wheels coming unstuck yet? ITs only held on with adhesive and ill be going to the dealership to have it fixed ASAP.

#15 ·
Yes the dealer fixed...
That was the fender that was delivered in the back seat of the car. They told me that the adhesive was pretty much all dried up and that it was only held on by clips. Rather than put new adhesive on the flares, they order a brand new fender flare, had it painted and installed it. So far I have had no problem with the new one or any of the others.

-G

#16 ·
Here are some pics of my trim coming off, ill be taking it to the dealer to have it fixed ASAP.

Attachments

Reactions: Dannypelochino
#21 ·
The top rear flair, passenger side was like that when I took delivery. The dealer has ordered 2 new pieces and will install them when they come in. Btw, mine was built in March and the top of the flair looks like its a bead of black RTV, not 3M tape. I guess they are still engineering the permanent fix :(

#22 ·
My drivers front has turned loose right at the top of the arch. On top of that, both sides of my front fascia are buckled out like so many others. The boys in Detroit have some re thinking to do. Aren't these guys supossed to be Engineer's? Dont get me wrong, they hit many area's of the new WK2 out of the park, but others look to be designed by a JC Whitney crew.

#28 ·
Was at the dealership the other day getting my complimentary first oil change on my 12 Overland. They had a mineral grey SRT8 sitting there so I was checking it out. Sure enough brand spanking new with the fender flares peeling off. Lovely! So it happens to even brand new ones still on the lot.

#31 · (Edited)
Well, you can finally add me to the list for this problem as well. Noticed the day before T-giving that my front passenger side fender flare adhesive is cracked where it begins up near the headlight. Can't really tell unless you are checking for it, but if you look from above straight down into the flares gap you can see the adhesive/tape is cracked almost 2 inches and the flare is pulling away. Guess I am lucky though, it has taken almost 1 yr for it to happen (my ride was built Sep 29, 2011, shipped Dec 1, 2011 and I drove it home Dec 14, 2011)

#38 ·
Heat it up with a hairdryer and press and hold it down till it cools. You could also put some blue painters tape on it overnight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.