Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Which headlight bulbs do what (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/which-headlight-bulbs-do-what-37132.html)

millzzy 02-12-2012 12:17 AM

Which headlight bulbs do what
 
Hope some can clarify what h/l bulbs do what. It appears our h/lights are different to the US model, mine has a dual hid headlight, next to that is a twin filament small push in bulb, then a long thin push in bulb, seems to be the drl, but one side of the smaller bulb appears to go on in daylight and goes brighter when headlights go on. i wanted to replace both these with whiter led bulbs The bulb descriptions seem to differ in the manual (i use that word loosley). Can anyone clarify what is supposed to happen with these, Thanks

J13ntv 02-12-2012 03:21 PM

Re: Which headlight bulbs do what
 
Im confused, on US models we have HID and DRL- HID is sealed, DRL is a single filament bulb, closest to the grille. Maybe a picture would help describe what you say? We also have parking/turn signal (amber) on the us model on the front within the headlight assembly..

You seem to have a HID, DRL and another dual filament bulb?

I can move your thread to the EXPORT sub-forum if you want, you might get a better response from people with the same JEEP. Where are you located.

JTS97Z28 02-12-2012 07:13 PM

Re: Which headlight bulbs do what
 
Yeah im not sure what the OP is referring to exactly either. The bulb inside the projectors are HID capsules (probably phillips D2S bulbs), and the bulb used in the reflector housing closest to the grill are standard halogen bulbs probably something similar to a 9005.

Amelie 02-12-2012 07:26 PM

Re: Which headlight bulbs do what
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 (Post 572576)
Yeah im not sure what the OP is referring to exactly either. The bulb inside the projectors are HID capsules (probably phillips D2S bulbs), and the bulb used in the reflector housing closest to the grill are standard halogen bulbs probably something similar to a 9005.

It's a D1S with built-in ignitor. Maybe he's referring to a bi-xenon setup where there is an HID capsule with a halogen high-beam beside it?

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/ima...ech/Bulb10.jpg

JTS97Z28 02-13-2012 07:24 PM

Re: Which headlight bulbs do what
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reichminister Goebbels (Post 572582)
It's a D1S with built-in ignitor. Maybe he's referring to a bi-xenon setup where there is an HID capsule with a halogen high-beam beside it?

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/ima...ech/Bulb10.jpg

Bi-xenon setups do not use a halogen bulb. Infact it uses the same HID bulb for both high and low beams. Only thing that changes is when you put the high beams on the metal shield inside the projector lowers allowing full amount of the bulbs light to be used. My 07 Acura TL has bi-xenon and they are amazing.

Amelie 02-13-2012 07:29 PM

Re: Which headlight bulbs do what
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 (Post 573250)
Bi-xenon setups do not use a halogen bulb. Infact it uses the same HID bulb for both high and low beams. Only thing that changes is when you put the high beams on the metal shield inside the projector lowers allowing full amount of the bulbs light to be used. My 07 Acura TL has bi-xenon and they are amazing.

lol I think I know how a Bi-xenon works seeing as I use a TL projector.

Just like this link

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/ima...ech/Bulb10.jpg

Bi-xenon can either be the setup we're used to with the solenoid moving the shield up or down for more light to escape creating high-beam or the HID capsule with a Halogen beside it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community