Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Wrangler-YJ, TJ & JK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f89/)
-   -   Pros/Cons of 2007 WK Sahara Unlimited? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f89/pros-cons-of-2007-wk-sahara-unlimited-37133.html)

schwa 02-12-2012 12:27 AM

Pros/Cons of 2007 WK Sahara Unlimited?

noob to this board.

Thinking of picking up an off-lease 2007 Unlimited Sahara with 64,650 KMS from the dealership for $19,000 CDN, Vancouver BC, West Coast. The owner parted ways and upgraded to a WK2.

Jeep has never seen dirt, the engine compartment is squeaky clean, no damages.

A question for you guys, how many miles or kms per full tank or combination hwy/city driving or mainly highway driving vice versa?

General Pros & Cons please.

I'm not a heavy 4x4 person. Will be driving on logging roads, off the beaten trails what not. No rock crawling. And 6,000 km roadtrips.

This will be my first wrangler series, previously had a 1990 Cherokee. Then went to a 94 ZJ Limited & drove that to the ground to 458,094 kms with stock equipment. Picked up a 2005 WK Limited to replace the 94. Now I'm needing to move up from there.

Giving the WK to a relative. So no trade-in.

Many thanks to those that reply.

TurboDiesel 02-12-2012 01:00 AM

Re: Pros/Cons of 2007 WK Sahara Unlimited?

Can't help ya out
But welcome to the forum from a fellow BC-er :D

dvdswk2 02-14-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schwa (Post 572070)
noob to this board.

Thinking of picking up an off-lease 2007 Unlimited Sahara with 64,650 KMS from the dealership for $19,000 CDN, Vancouver BC, West Coast. The owner parted ways and upgraded to a WK2.

Jeep has never seen dirt, the engine compartment is squeaky clean, no damages.

A question for you guys, how many miles or kms per full tank or combination hwy/city driving or mainly highway driving vice versa?

General Pros & Cons please.

I'm not a heavy 4x4 person. Will be driving on logging roads, off the beaten trails what not. No rock crawling. And 6,000 km roadtrips.

This will be my first wrangler series, previously had a 1990 Cherokee. Then went to a 94 ZJ Limited & drove that to the ground to 458,094 kms with stock equipment. Picked up a 2005 WK Limited to replace the 94. Now I'm needing to move up from there.

Giving the WK to a relative. So no trade-in.

Many thanks to those that reply.

Hey ! Welcome brother Jeeper!! 07 has the same quirks as the other years to 11'. Maybe a leak or two due to the freedom panels, but they can be fixed with cheap updated gaskets etc. Give me a holler I have the mopar numbers on this. It also had a few complaints of being underpowered. I had an 08' unlimited, an 09' jk and now an 11' . Its no hemi but I liked it!!! Your jeep sounds clean and if its an 07 i would pick that over a beaten rubicon. Im on my 2nd Sahara and love it!!

CreeperJeeper 02-15-2012 07:26 AM

Having cross shopped a new JK and a used WK, I ended up deciding on the WK over the JK for a few major reasons. The JK definitely underpowered, and that's even in comparison to my 3.7L WK. The other thing that really swayed my decision was that the WK is very capable for most offroading, and I have similar needs as you--a few logging roads, some camping in the woods, but no rock climbing or anything. Also, for my budget, I was in base JK range, meaning no features, something that a WK offered. For you going from a WK to a JK, you might miss things like that. Just my 2 cents.

schwa 02-16-2012 01:14 AM

about this death wobble issue. I've never experienced it when I had my 94 ZJ. Is it common to have a DW issue for stock vehicles that have mainly been driven within the city? I don't plan on lifting it any time soon. It only has 60,000 kms on it. Either way, if I choose this vehicle I'll inspect the front end myself and replace the 14mm stock bolts with grade 8 9/16 bolts as many other forums have recommended.