Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems Discussion (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/)
-   -   Rattling noise in the back of the car (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/rattling-noise-in-the-back-of-the-car-3717.html)

DJ BoNiOmArIo 10-31-2009 02:49 AM

Rattling noise in the back of the car

Recently my 2006 wk 3.7 4x4 laredo has been making a clunking noise, sounded as if something was loose in the back and the car would make an incredibly annoying noise in the rear, as if the whole rear would move any time i would go over the slightest difference in road elevation ... I would hear the noise inside the car sounded like the whole rear end was moving side to side violently ...

At first I thought it was my shocks so I went ahead bought some stock rear shocks but that didn't help ... after some close examination with my mechanic friend it turned out that the following items were completely GONE

1) Control arms (both upper and lower rear control arms on each side)

2) Track bar (stabilizer bar)

I just changed them out tonight, although getting to the control arms was a hassle by itself had to lower the gas tank and take out the rear drive shaft just to get to the fawking bolts ... but now it rides brand new ...

Just wondering who out there has had the same problem or am I the only lucky one who has had this encounter ???

Now that's over with ... what should I do next this is the order I'm going with, lemme know if it sounds good ...

1) Bilstein hd shocks
2) Eibach non srt lowering springs
3) addco front and rear sway bars with bwoody non wk sway bar links
4) srt-8 gloss black rims with tires
5) halo head lights
6) halo fog lights
7) cold air intake
8) magnaflow exhaust
9) ... open to suggestions ...

blackpepper 10-31-2009 02:52 AM

Re: Rattling noise in the back of the car

Get the SRT8 specific sway bar for the front.. the addco fronts are known to not fit right so I've heard but definitely get the addco sway for the rear..

DJ BoNiOmArIo 10-31-2009 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackPepper (Post 89922)
Get the SRT8 specific sway bar for the front.. the addco fronts are known to not fit right so I've heard but definitely get the addco sway for the rear..

blackpepper 10-31-2009 03:04 AM

the halo lights are your call.. they're not my style

not to be a cheap ass, but just get a muffler not the full exhaust you'll save close to $400

DJ BoNiOmArIo 10-31-2009 03:05 AM

ooh good tip cuz them things are expensive i saw prices at $600 ... in this case i do have to be a cheap ass loool

Scottina06 10-31-2009 11:54 AM

awesome plans you have. I cant wait to see it done

DJ BoNiOmArIo 10-31-2009 12:40 PM

thanks scott ... it will take some time to do all those

although i still have not heard anyone who has had the same problem so i guess i am the lucky bastard :)

B.P.O.D 11-02-2009 10:26 AM

^^ nice plans bro! im doing the same exact thing basically!!! i got the magnaflow muffler not the exhaust as well