Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Tech Tips/DIY/How To (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f156/)
-   -   Autozone deal on oil (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f156/autozone-deal-on-oil-37188.html)

brandont 02-12-2012 10:20 PM

Autozone deal on oil

I wasn't quite sure where to put this as I haven't seen a deals section or anything like it. I was in Autozone today and they had several specials running on Valvoline and Mobile1. I got 5 quarts M-1 and a filter for $32. If you figure the filter is worth $12, then that's $4/qt. Heck of a lot better than the $8.80 regular price!

Oh, and this was in the Chicago region - I don't know if it is regional or not.

armoredsaint 02-12-2012 10:44 PM

Re: Autozone deal on oil

thanks for the heads up, same here for $32.99

J13ntv 02-12-2012 11:01 PM

They are also running a deal on Mobil Super.. 9.99 including a filter and 5 quarts.

Which mobil 1 are you referencing, Extended Performance or just regular synthetic?

For all Costco Members, they are running Mobil 1 Regular "full" synthetic- 6 qts for 26.99 after 10 dollar instant coupon. Good until 2/26/12 I believe.. Also walmart usually has 5qt jugs of Mobil 1 for 26.xx normal price.

Nbtstatic 02-12-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J13ntv (Post 572747)

For all Costco Members, they are running Mobil 1 Regular "full" synthetic- 6 qts for 26.99 after 10 dollar instant coupon. Good until 2/26/12 I believe.. Also walmart usually has 5qt jugs of Mobil 1 for 26.xx normal price.

This is what I always get, I have a big stack of these 6 packs in the garage. Usually the coupon is limit 3, so I just grab 3 everytime they run it. A mopar pentastar filter is a couple bucks, so it makes for some cheap full synthetic oil changes.

brandont 02-13-2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J13ntv (Post 572747)
They are also running a deal on Mobil Super.. 9.99 including a filter and 5 quarts.

Which mobil 1 are you referencing, Extended Performance or just regular synthetic?

They had deals on both, but that one was regular synthetic. Check out their flyer or see their website to download it. I went with the fuel economy 0w-30 to try it out. It says it meets 5w-30 warrantee requirements and since I have a short commute a thinner startup might help my MPG.

I used to buy at Wallmart but their prices have gone up and their selection has gone down. Can't find the right blends there anymore.

Geevis 02-13-2012 07:52 AM

Thanks for the heads up.. I usually wait for these sales and then stock up for the year.

armoredsaint 02-13-2012 12:14 PM

Meijer's has the same deal also and price, got some today and a lot safer than going to VatoZone ;)

Pep Boys too, but they're $40 :lol:

robpp 02-13-2012 03:20 PM

checker oreilly had the Mobil 1 for 5.45 on 2/12.

brandont 02-13-2012 06:15 PM

Relocated to 'Tech tips'? Wouldn't have been my first or second guess but anywho...

Went to a different Autozone today and they didn't carry any filters for the Jeep (in Belvidere, IL - 2mi from a Chrysler plant, and 2 blocks from a Jeep dealership btw). So since they didn't carry any filters they wouldn't honor the deal. So I figured I would try the wife's BMW. Strike 2. No filters for that either.

The deal is SUPPOSED to be for a M1 filter and M1 oil. However since they only carry like 10 M1 filter types the other AZ let me sub a different make filter. This AZ didn't carry ANY type of filter for either car. And I guess ordering it wasn't an option... ? I sent an email to AZ customer support. :D

Hopefully your experiences are better.

Ahujadaddy 02-14-2012 08:02 AM

wait, what filter did you get from your original trip to autozone?

Mobil1 Oil Filter? What size? I haven't been able to find a filter for the 3.6L at any store here. Purolator lists the L36135 size for our car, but online at advance auto and pep boys it shows up as an air filter with no pic and for only $5.99... never found in store though.

appreciate any feedback; might do my first DIY oil change on the wk2 this week. just need the filter. going with conventional yellow bottle penzoil for now.

brandont 02-14-2012 09:16 AM

The first trip the store subbed an STP filter because they didn't have a M1 filter. They rang it up as a M1 so I could get the sale price. The second store said they didn't even have a part number for the M1 filter which is pretty odd. I am waiting to hear from customer support, but I might just go back and buy the oil with any filter I can find for any car. Even if I throw the filter away it's probably still worth it. $32 for 5 qt = $6.40/qt.

J13ntv 02-14-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandont (Post 573663)
The first trip the store subbed an STP filter because they didn't have a M1 filter. They rang it up as a M1 so I could get the sale price. The second store said they didn't even have a part number for the M1 filter which is pretty odd. I am waiting to hear from customer support, but I might just go back and buy the oil with any filter I can find for any car. Even if I throw the filter away it's probably still worth it. $32 for 5 qt = $6.40/qt.

If you have a walmart nearby... They should have 5w/20 in a 5qt jug for 26.xx, so if you cant find the filter it might be worth trying Walmart if you have one nearby. Also.. you can order online at autozone.com and say "pickup in store" and I believe you should be able to see local availability of filters and such. I know they have the M1 online for shipping and pickup in my general area.. I am a shoprunner member, so I can get free two day shipping and the sale price online without going to the store. It allows you to total out 10 qts and 2 filters for the sale price at one time.