Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Rattle driving me crazy

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  DurangoZJ 
#1 ·
I have developed a rattle under the driver side it sounds like a pebble rolling around when I take off or brake.anybody else have this problem in their wk2?

#2 ·
I would check to see if there is anything loose (like a loose nut, bolt, etc) inside the compartment under the driver's seat. You access it by motoring the driver seat all the way forward, and then pulling up on the lip of the compartment lid from the rear seat. The lid is held down by (2) clips in the rear and takes a bit of a tug to unsnap it. Best luck.

Attachments

#3 ·
I have this exact problem. It is coming from somewhere in my drivers door. The Jeep is currently at the dealership for this. I'll report back on what it was. I am sure it's just a fastener or bolt, etc..

#4 ·
I had a slight rattle and it was the driver side panel for the power seat rattling around, so I stuck some fusion of tape and paper and packed it It into two small spaces that didn't interfere with anything and that made everything quiet :)

#6 ·
I've got a very similar sound coming from the front passenger seat area.

:bash:

It almost sounds like something metal is sliding on a rail and then hitting a stop.

The sound comes & goes. I also plan to have a dealership fix this issue soon (and hopefully before it drives me NUTS).

#7 ·
I got it back this evening. A door trim piece had broken off inside of the door.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.