Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f197/)
-   -   WHY!? Can somebody explain the difference in these CCFL Halo/Projectors?!? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f197/why-can-somebody-explain-the-difference-in-these-ccfl-halo-projectors-37223.html)

bsmith0612 02-13-2012 04:10 PM

WHY!? Can somebody explain the difference in these CCFL Halo/Projectors?!?

I have been in the market for new headlights. ive decided on the Eagle Eye tail lights, because i absolutely love the way they look. but as far as headlights go, ive found some i like... but in the advertisement on eBay it says "DOES NOT FIT LAREDO MODELS" or something to that affect. can anybody explain this?

if people swap Laredo lights for Limited lights (and vice versa) why are these only specific to Limiteds (and maybe Overlands? not too informed on Overland WJ's)

these are the lights i have my eye on:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-04-GRAND-...ht_6675wt_1135

Amelie 02-13-2012 04:47 PM

Re: WHY!? Can somebody explain the difference in these CCFL Halo/Projectors?!?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsmith0612 (Post 573125)
I have been in the market for new headlights. ive decided on the Eagle Eye tail lights, because i absolutely love the way they look. but as far as headlights go, ive found some i like... but in the advertisement on eBay it says "DOES NOT FIT LAREDO MODELS" or something to that affect. can anybody explain this?

if people swap Laredo lights for Limited lights (and vice versa) why are these only specific to Limiteds (and maybe Overlands? not too informed on Overland WJ's)

I think it's a bulls*** statement. Limited's and Laredo's have the same dimensions so why would it not work? Maybe they are referring to an older generation with a Laredo package.

robpp 02-13-2012 04:54 PM

what about the wiring...its all PnP?

Amelie 02-13-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 573150)
what about the wiring...its all PnP?

It should be.

@BSmith0612: Maybe contact the seller and see if they know why.

CameronG 02-13-2012 08:53 PM

I believe it's simply for the fact that the Laredo uses different bulbs than the other models. Laredo stock headlights have an amber tint in front of the clear turn signal bulbs, whereas Limited and Overland have a clear turn signal lens and use amber bulbs. All you have to do is buy amber bulbs for the housing and it'll be the same.

Amelie 02-13-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CameronG (Post 573319)
I believe it's simply for the fact that the Laredo uses different bulbs than the other models. Laredo stock headlights have an amber tint in front of the clear turn signal bulbs, whereas Limited and Overland have a clear turn signal lens and use amber bulbs. All you have to do is buy amber bulbs for the housing and it'll be the same.

That might be the reason but then again I don't think it would matter what color the bulb is for the #3157. Hopefully the seller can help him out :)

bsmith0612 02-14-2012 02:05 AM

ill send an email tomorrow to the seller, but i know for a fact Limited and Laredo headlights can be directly swapped plug and play. as far as i know, the only difference is, like stated before, the colors. im pretty sure the actual headlight (hi/lo) bulbs are the same also. ive also noticed this with tail lights too. they say not compatible with Laredo models. :confused: think seller is on a "mind altering substance"? :lol:

Amelie 02-14-2012 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsmith0612 (Post 573566)
:confused: think seller is on a "mind altering substance"? :lol:

I think so too. When you sell a lot of varied products I guess it's hard to know all the details of each one.

ItsAJeepThing 02-14-2012 02:55 AM

They should work without a problem. Had a 99 laredo with ebay taillights PnP, halo headlights also PnP but had to wire the halos and leds to parking lights. If thats the same case with these, you can wire them however you like. Also had 04 limited headlights on my 99 laredo, PnP.

bsmith0612 02-14-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsAJeepThing (Post 573586)
They should work without a problem. Had a 99 laredo with ebay taillights PnP, halo headlights also PnP but had to wire the halos and leds to parking lights. If thats the same case with these, you can wire them however you like. Also had 04 limited headlights on my 99 laredo, PnP.

yeah i dont expect the Halo's and LED's to be pre wired (although, it is possible) but as for the rest of it, i would have to assume it would all work with no problems what so ever. i shall find out :D

bsmith0612 02-14-2012 09:50 AM

email sent! now just to wait patiently for a response... AKA, the hard part.... lol

bsmith0612 02-14-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CameronG (Post 573319)

i wouldnt use the nasty Amber anyways ;)

Like Tony says... "Amber is for naming strippers, not lenses on Jeeps" or something to that effect! :lol::lol: