Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Scuffs on door panels (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/scuffs-on-door-panels-37232.html)

cherokeesrt10 02-13-2012 07:28 PM

Scuffs on door panels

Have you guys found a way to prevent scuffs other than not hitting your shoes on the door panel and then is there a product out there that lessens the appearance of them. Im particular about my jeep and can't control other peoples shoes. haha

Thanks

jgc4ever 02-13-2012 07:31 PM

Re: Scuffs on door panels

The only advice I can give is tell them not to let their shoes hit the panels. I'm also interested in a product for making the black trim black again. I've used a product called Black Again but it's not working for a scuff I have on the plastic around the fender.

Brewster 02-13-2012 07:59 PM

I hit my drivers door below the cup holder half the time. A friend has a KIA Sportage. and has a carpet matching piece that is form fitted his door to prevent this he got from a Kia site. I haven't seen one for the JGC though.http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o...Rear20Door.jpg

kaflyboy 02-13-2012 08:02 PM

Great thread. I thought I was doing something wrong getting in and out.

Tybalt39 02-15-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgc4ever (Post 573257)
...a scuff I have on the plastic around the fender.

Are you talking about the plastic trim around the wheel wells? If so, a replacement piece is cheap! I just replaced the fender flair (wheel-well trim) on the rear passenger side for less than $25. I was shocked that a trim part for a new vehicle was this inexpensive. If this is your need, don't buy the plastic pop-rivets from the dealership. Buy the riveting kit from Harbor-Freight for $15. It comes with the tool and a bag of the rivets.

If this is not your issue, never mind....:o

Scottina06 02-15-2012 04:07 PM

use a good protectant from our vendor detailedimage. They have some very good interior detail products that will help prevent scuffs etc. if applied ever so often

cherokeesrt10 02-17-2012 05:12 AM

Any recommendations Scott? I have head a lot about 303 products but have no experience in this.

Scottina06 02-17-2012 08:02 AM

send a PM to detailedimage for recomendations. They are super with their customer service

kkreit01 02-17-2012 09:34 AM

I'm not a Meg's fanboy, but I do really like their Ultimate Protectant for exterior trim. 303 looks nice -- until it rains or gets wet. The Ultimate Protectant I use is in the liquid-paste form (not spray). I prefer Surf City Dash Away for cleaning plastic/vinyl trim (and interiors). I've also read a lot of good things about Poorboys Trim Restore, Ultima, etc. Your options are almost endless if you want to go mail order. A cleaner/protectant won't cure/fix a scratch though.

Jeep_addicted 02-17-2012 09:41 AM

Try and Mr. Clean magic eraser they get rid of most of the scuff marks on my lower door panels and kick panels.

jgc4ever 03-07-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tybalt39 (Post 574434)
Are you talking about the plastic trim around the wheel wells? If so, a replacement piece is cheap! I just replaced the fender flair (wheel-well trim) on the rear passenger side for less than $25. I was shocked that a trim part for a new vehicle was this inexpensive. If this is your need, don't buy the plastic pop-rivets from the dealership. Buy the riveting kit from Harbor-Freight for $15. It comes with the tool and a bag of the rivets.

If this is not your issue, never mind....:o

Yes. Thanks for that information. I got it fixed though. I used something called Nu-Vinyl and it worked perfectly.