Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Are both side mirrors supposed to auto dim? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/are-both-side-mirrors-supposed-to-auto-dim-37236.html)

MadMax 02-13-2012 09:57 PM

Are both side mirrors supposed to auto dim?

My driver's side view mirror and rear view auto dim, but the passenger definitely is not an auto dim mirror. I have a base 4WD Limited. Is it supposed to?

RageOfFury 02-13-2012 10:05 PM

Re: Are both side mirrors supposed to auto dim?

Both the driver's and passenger's side mirrors should autodim. Bring it to the dealer

jgc4ever 02-13-2012 10:14 PM

Jeep removed Autodim on passenger side mirror of Limiteds for 2012, unless you add the Adaptive cruise package option.

RageOfFury 02-13-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgc4ever (Post 573396)
Jeep removed Autodim on passenger side mirror of Limiteds for 2012, unless you add the Adaptive cruise package option.

Why?!?!:confused:

J13ntv 02-13-2012 10:40 PM

^^ Yea really how much could that have saved them? But if you pay for the Adaptive package they like you and give you both mirrors..

Thumper 02-14-2012 12:16 AM

I love the adaptive cruise control. Went on a road trip last weekend and played with it on the highway in traffic. It will even slow you down if you suddenly have a slower driver pull in front of you. Very cool.

MadMax 02-14-2012 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgc4ever (Post 573396)

So stupid, looks cheap with one mirror only, IMO. It's my mom's truck and I took it to wash it tonight and noticed it. She doesn't care, but I wanted to make sure it's supposed to be that way. Thanks for the answer.

User_22 02-14-2012 01:18 AM

Yeah I would assume it's a package deal. I have it on my loaded Overland, and I look at my mom's base MB GLK and it only has the driver auto dime side mirror as well.

JVBW0527 02-14-2012 10:12 AM

yes, i have the adaptive cruise package on my limited and both of my mirrors auto dim. Definitely only the drivers side auto dimms if you don't have the adaptive cruise package

My husbands f-150 has only a drivers side auto dimm mirror also, pretty stupid......i think both sides should be auto dimm standard

tnjeep 02-16-2012 06:12 AM

I decided to make sure my mirrors autodim while in my garage yesterday because I haven't really noticed them doing anything when driving at night. Stupid me but I assumed the rear view mirror would actually move but to my suprise it just gets darker which is cool. I tested this with the jeep in drive and shining a flashlight at the rearview to trip the sensor. The driver side mirror did nothing that I could tell. Is it supposed to move or turn dark like the rear view?

AAAA 02-16-2012 07:16 AM

Turns bluish except for a very narrow band around the edge.

tnjeep 02-16-2012 08:30 AM

Is the side mirror triggered by the sensor on the rear view mirror or is there something on the mirror that triggers it? I will mess around with it some more when I get home but I am pretty sure the side mirror didn't darken.