Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   Jeep GC 2012 faulty Shock.. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/jeep-gc-2012-faulty-shock-37247.html)

watchful 02-13-2012 10:58 PM

Jeep GC 2012 faulty Shock..

Hello everyone, I just joined ....:)
Need you help: I was just about to buy (finally) my FIRST Jeep GC Overland. Driving it , I noticed knocking sound from the rear....had a bad feeling.
I told the dealer to NOT telling me that it's OK. Luckily he heard it and the mechanic found a default Shock...!!! Brand New car !!!!:eek:
I found that there was a recall of 2012 models about engine issue but couldn't find anything about shock absorption issue.
What Shall I conclude ?
Thanks for your help,
W.

JDrew 02-14-2012 02:20 AM

Re: Jeep GC 2012 faulty Shock..

In response to your "!!! Brand New car !!!!:eek:" statement:

It's mechanical, it will break or there's a chance that maybe, it's just bad. Any idea how may parts are on a vehicle? Even a Bentley can have problems with 10 miles on it.

Just as a perfectly in shape athlete that does everything right could fall over and die, 1 of your thousands of parts may be bad from the get go. Think about every nut, bolt, electrical part there is on a car from this generation.

Out of all of the thousands, 1 part is or goes bad. It's a miracle that any brand of vehicle with this many parts work 99% of the time if you really think about it.. Everything has to be just right. Sure, we pay a lot of money for our vehicles, but it happens.. It's rare, but it does.

Remember, only a very small percentage of vehicle owners are on sites like this and others. And typically, they only register if they have a problem, such as this is your first post. Now answer this, how many people that don't register have no out of the ordinary problems?

I'm pretty sure that there's been over 150,000 of these WK2's sold. There's 19,XXX members registered here. This is probably the largest WK2 site. Of those 19,XXX, a small portion are WK2 owners.. The rest have other Jeep vehicles..

And with everything mass produced, sometimes a bad piece slips through the cracks. You're worried? Not me...

Now, is the shock a common problem? No.

Quadra-Lift? A whole different story.. lol :slapfight:

watchful 02-14-2012 10:04 AM

Thank you, very well said. Reminds me of the time when I studied Anatomy and I was shocked that our body is actually functioning most of the time....with over 600 muscles, many bones. ligaments. blood vessels, nerves.... all have to work in harmony....!! as you said, same analogy to a vehicle...amazing that it's working most of the time.....
W.

JDrew 02-14-2012 12:35 PM

Go for it.. You will love this vehicle. :) Post pics when you get it! :)

ibcenu 02-15-2012 10:57 PM

I had the bad shocks.. it was a pain, but they replaced them and all is well.. theres a few threads in this forum with others had/have same issue. Every manufacture has some crap wrong with something or another... pick a car, go to the forums... promise they all have something not right
Edit.... since you have not bought it... have them get another one, or have them throw in free options or service or a price cut for dealing with this.... buy one either way...you'll love it