Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Sirius Radio 1-year trial? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/sirius-radio-1-year-trial-37296.html)

armoredsaint 02-14-2012 02:46 PM

Sirius Radio 1-year trial?

When I got my JGC last week the Sirius was already active, would it happen to be in dealer mode?

Do I have to contact Sirius to begin the actual 1-year trial?

rosado057 02-14-2012 02:52 PM

After about 3 weeks of my purchase got a letter from Sirius welcoming me. And told me about having my 1 year free membership. and I signed up for an extra year, so with my experience I didn't have to do anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Findirman 02-14-2012 06:18 PM

Re: Sirius Radio 1-year trial?

I did not have to contact Sirius for my free year.

brandont 02-14-2012 06:49 PM

I recall there being something that said I had to contact them for the free year - HOWEVER, I also had major issues getting them to give me 1 year vs 3mo. When I first put my ESN in the website it came up with 3mo. So if I were you I would at least check to be sure you are set up for a year (and check with Sirius, not your dealership). It's easy to set up an account with a new radio ESN and it will tell you right there what your trial terms are. Good luck!

BTW, Hopefully you don't need it, but if you do draw the bad luck of a 3mo trial check out this thread: http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/issues-with-sirius-trial-31894.html

Justal13 02-14-2012 09:42 PM

Yes, you need to contact Sirius to set up your account, and to make sure you get the entire 1 year from date of purchase. My understanding is that the GC Sirius is enabled at the factory, with the build date at the start date. When I contacted Sirius on the 2nd day of ownership to set up my account, it took me over an hour and a lot of arguing to get my full 1 year (they insisted 1st that it was only 3 months, and then agreed to 1 year from the date of manufacture). I finally insisted to talk to a "supervisor or manager", who finally got me set up correctly. What a poor, poor customer service system. Best luck.

J13ntv 02-14-2012 11:12 PM

Back when I got mine 9/10 it was already active and nothing for me to set up. I also received a letter from Sirius a few weeks after getting the Jeep and it had my info and welcomed me. I waited for it to expire after the 1 year free trial. They eventually send out a renewal for less then half the normal cost, somewhere around 77 dollars.

ShyBoy 02-15-2012 11:00 AM

When I picked up my Jeep, I asked the salesperson about the Sirius subscription and whether I had to do anything on my end. He indicated that I had to do nothing and that they have already informed Sirius. Mine was a scheduled pickup as I had the car ordered and they had the car 3 days before I picked it up.

So based on the responses, it looks like Sirius has to be contacted in order to activate the subscription and the buyer should confirm with the salesperson whether they will do it or if one has to do it themself.

There should also be a Sirius ID that you can view from the system info on your unit. You can go Sirius' website, http://www.siriusxm.com/, and check your account's status as well.

AAAA 02-15-2012 12:03 PM

I believe my salesman activiated it prior to delivery to me.

slampert 02-15-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J13ntv (Post 574182)
Back when I got mine 9/10 it was already active and nothing for me to set up. I also received a letter from Sirius a few weeks after getting the Jeep and it had my info and welcomed me. I waited for it to expire after the 1 year free trial. They eventually send out a renewal for less then half the normal cost, somewhere around 77 dollars.

Good price !

I just renewed Sirius yesterday (in reponse to a phone solicitation) and with Traffic (on the RHR,) the fee was close to $175 for the year. The rep maintained that was a $100 (or so) discount off the standard rate.

What did your $77 renewal fee include ??

Justal13 02-15-2012 03:59 PM

It comes activated from the factory. If you do not call and re-activate it yourself, it will only work for 1 year from the vehicle manufacture date - not the date you purchased your GC. If you purchased your GC used, you only get a 3-month trial subscription.

So, yes, it works - but you might be losing months of your 1-year offer if the vehicle was sitting on the lot for a while, and it will more difficult to correct later. Your choice.

Mine was activated on the manufacture date and the subscription address was listed in the Sirius database as Chrysler Corporation - Sterling Heights, Michigan. Your dealer did not activate your subscription, as a matter of fact my dealer told me they are not allowed to activate it for you and to call as soon as possible.

I did not have to give them any of my credit card information when I had the activation updated for the correct start date, subscription owner and home address. You will also then have access to your personal account on SiriusXM.com and can elect to receive e-mail or snail mail information, updates and offers. You can also listen to Sirius through any PC with your 1-year subscription.

And, yes, I understand that calling Sirius is a PITA and they are very difficult to work with - but that's why they call it a Monopoly and you really don't have many other options.

J13ntv 02-15-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slampert (Post 574518)
Good price !

I just renewed Sirius yesterday (in reponse to a phone solicitation) and with Traffic (on the RHR,) the fee was close to $175 for the year. The rep maintained that was a $100 (or so) discount off the standard rate.

What did your $77 renewal fee include ??

Ouch. :lol: Better then full though!

I got both services actually. You have to ask the same rep a few times if they have anything better and/or can offer the 77 offer before they are allowed to offer the rate, google it and you'll find out a lot more. However if you wait they do eventually send you the offer. The 77 was for 1 year of sirius + some random fee for the music people. He however credited me XX dollars so the music people fee was essentially waived. About two weeks later i realized the traffic wasn't working so I called and its a ridiculous price normally and I hardly ever use it, only if I go on an extended trip.

I paid 26.49 for 1 year of traffic.
I paid 74.24 for 1 yr of Sat Select Radio.

159.39 is the standard rate for Sirius Select
43.89 is the standard rate for Traffic

+ taxes and fees

So 175 is kind of like getting traffic for free. Not to bad.

Since you only did it yesterday, try www.sirius.com/savenow See if it offers any better deals. However I bet if you call you can get a little better deal or you can cancel for now. Call 866-519-7570 and ask to speak with a Customer Satisfaction representative, ask for the half off deal you read about online.

There is even a $5 for 5 month deal for the real, bring you back type mail offer!

Here is a good read: http://www.f150online.com/forums/sat...77-year-9.html

armoredsaint 02-16-2012 09:43 AM

just logged in with my SID and zip code on sirius, looks like i am GTG! i picked it up last week and i guess the dealer activated it for me instead of the build date.

Complimentary 1 Year Trial - Sirius Select with Sirius Traffic™ + Sirius Travel Link™

End Date: 02/07/2013