Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   Which Diesel (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/which-diesel-37304.html)

zzkazu 02-14-2012 04:30 PM

Which Diesel

Might be covered in the WK2 Downunder, but is there a preference for a brand of diesel here in Aus. Particularly one with minimal amounts of BIO. I assume there's a preference/reason to avoid this additive.

ENFORCER 02-14-2012 04:39 PM

Re: Which Diesel

Any Diesel sold in service stations would work fine. Caltex claim to have a premium Diesel. I have not tried it myself.

*sox* 02-14-2012 04:45 PM

important are diesel with min. Cetane number 50 and no biodiesel!

the new generation comon rail need good diesel and not "tractor shit"

Beerenton 02-14-2012 04:46 PM

I've always leaned towards BP, given the choice. No scientific data to back it up, but I generally got more km per tank. And as they're not aligned to any 4c shopping discounts, I feel it's less likely to be diluted/dodgy/stretched with fillers etc. I've heard enough 'friends of a mate's cousin' stories about dodgy fuel from a 4c discount place to make me think twice. Might be less likely with diesel though..?
That being said, I won't pay a huge premium for BP.

Cheers.

Swampy 02-14-2012 09:09 PM

We generally use BP Ultimate Diesel.

Some BP service stations only have the standard diesel and not the Ultimate so we have used just the standard diesel from time to time.

Fuel economy is noticably better with the BP Ultimate diesel.

allypally 02-14-2012 09:10 PM

I have seen on the Ford Forums, that some of those with diesels seem to have a good report from the Caltex brand. I run a VW Golf on it, and have not had any issues. Caltex call it "Premium Diesel" but Ithink that relates to the "premium price" they charge as opposed to any quality.

Mendo 02-15-2012 03:04 AM

My fuel card is a Caltex. I had a choice but just took the standard as I wasn't fussed one way or the other. It seems good but I don't have anything to compare it to.

As a side note, my main disappointment is not being able to use highflow pumps because of the small intake on the JGC.

zzkazu 02-15-2012 03:19 AM

Seems overall on the web BP ISP getting the best wrap

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Deserthucker 02-17-2012 09:02 AM

20% bio diesel stuffed the seals up in my 2.7lt JGC. Think it was gull out on the nullarbor no other servo.

Swampy 02-18-2012 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zzkazu (Post 574253)
Seems overall on the web BP ISP getting the best wrap

Pardon my ignorance, what is BP ISP?

zzkazu 02-18-2012 11:00 PM

Sorry typo.. meant to type "is" Although on another issue I wish they had BP ultimate here in Canberra... would luv to give it a crack..

fix69er 04-24-2012 04:16 PM

only diesel with Cetane >50 is BP Ultimate. Caltex premium Diesel Cetane rating is 49. But those are the max cetane rating. Cetane could be anywhere between minimum 46 and 51 for BP ultimate.