Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Tech Tips/DIY/How To (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f156/)
-   -   How do you reach front marker (turn) bulbs? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f156/how-do-you-reach-front-marker-turn-bulbs-37326.html)

Dabitz 02-14-2012 09:18 PM

How do you reach front marker (turn) bulbs?

I was going to install my front marker LEDs, checked the manual which says open hood, change bulbs... etc.

Unless you have spaghetti arms, I don't see how this is possible as there are a bunch of stuff in the way on both sides.

Has anyone done this? :eek:

Thanks so much in advanced...

Dabitz 02-17-2012 10:09 AM

Re: How do you reach front marker (turn) bulbs?

I guess nobody has changed this bulbs. I will try again this weekend and report back. :(

Eric67 02-17-2012 01:45 PM

Had a bad bulb. Dealer said the bumper was removed :confused:

Dabitz 02-17-2012 03:13 PM

Really? Damn!!!!

mr_bots 02-18-2012 11:40 AM

I had to change out the main turn signal bulb on the passenger side and the manual does leave a bit to be desired. "Pop hood, turn bulb socket, pull out" but to get to it I had to remove the coolant reservoir (3 screws). Might work to get to the side marker bulb too. Driver side would have to involve removing the air box and possibly washer fluid. I personally think something as simple as changing a light bulb should not be that involving.

moosehead 02-18-2012 11:55 AM

^If you are referring to forward amber side markers, they are accessed from front wheel wells. Look for a round panel towatds the upper front of the wheel well and turn it counter clockwise to open. Use finesse as you can damage the fabric liner.

Dabitz 02-18-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosehead (Post 576397)
^If you are referring to forward amber side markers, they are accessed from front wheel wells. Look for a round panel towatds the upper front of the wheel well and turn it counter clockwise to open. Use finesse as you can damage the fabric liner.

Sorry Moosehead... that's impossible. There is a big piece of plastic on the way, at least on the driver's side.

lll2for3lll 02-18-2012 05:15 PM

Don't know about the WK2 but I get to the corner markers on the WK from crawling underneath and reaching up in there.

moosehead 02-18-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dabitz (Post 576651)
Sorry Moosehead... that's impossible. There is a big piece of plastic on the way, at least on the driver's side.

You should be able to reach up and over that piece and get a decent grip on the socket. It's a bit tight but doable.

Dabitz 02-18-2012 06:27 PM

I'll try again tomorrow... still gotta be really hard to swap the bulb one handed.

armoredsaint 02-19-2012 10:55 AM

on my company car which is a malibu 2011, you needed to remove the front bumper and under pan to just change the headlights... no joke.

Dabitz 02-19-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosehead (Post 576674)
You should be able to reach up and over that piece and get a decent grip on the socket. It's a bit tight but doable.

Moose you have HIDs right?