Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/)
-   -   Where can i get a TCM tune? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/where-can-i-get-a-tcm-tune-37413.html)

svt393 02-16-2012 10:32 AM

Where can i get a TCM tune?

Im looking for a little better performance, throttle response and shifting out of my 05 wk 5.7. I tried contacting flying Ryan but he is unable to tune at the moment . Does anyone else do cmr/tcm tunes?

Redpit 02-16-2012 12:22 PM

Re: Where can i get a TCM tune?

I don't think anybody else does the tcm tunes. You can get cmr tunes from Johan, but I'm almost positive his tune does not do much to the trans. I believe his username is diablotoona. I'm sure somebody else will chime in on how to contact him and give you further/better info.

uglycar 02-16-2012 01:07 PM

His cmr for sure changes the transmission. The 1-2 shift is insane. He incorperates the pcm tune with his tcm tune and after a few emails back and forth and a few log sessions. My jeep screams. It takes a few tunes to get it really running. I sent him a paypal donation and we have been talking back and forth via email for months. He has never taken more than an hour to respond ever. Best investment for me jeep ever. He did tell me that the jeep transmission is somewhat fragile and huge changes are not great for it. But trust me, the difference will have you smiling all the way down the road

svt393 02-16-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uglycar (Post 575155)
His cmr for sure changes the transmission. The 1-2 shift is insane. He incorperates the pcm tune with his tcm tune and after a few emails back and forth and a few log sessions. My jeep screams. It takes a few tunes to get it really running. I sent him a paypal donation and we have been talking back and forth via email for months. He has never taken more than an hour to respond ever. Best investment for me jeep ever. He did tell me that the jeep transmission is somewhat fragile and huge changes are not great for it. But trust me, the difference will have you smiling all the way down the road

So it was worth it over the canned diablo tune that comes with the predator?

What does he charge?

blackpepper 02-16-2012 05:51 PM

FlyinRyan is a vendor here he ports throttle bodies and does PCM TCM tunes.

Edit: I just noticed that you mentioned he wasn't able to tune right now.. did he give you a reason?

4.whoa 02-16-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uglycar (Post 575155)

Huh. I emailed him back in sept. Even tried going through people he knew. And I STILL HAVE NEVER heard back from him. I ended up getting a tcm from Ryan- its great! Hoping to get the pcm soon.

svt393 02-17-2012 12:36 AM

I guess Ryan had a falling out with his partner and can't tune.. he said this summer he should be up and running .. sucks bc it was a awsome affordable tune with great results.

blackpepper 02-17-2012 07:47 PM

fawk.

svt393 02-18-2012 01:20 PM

Yeah i know , i bought a Diablo now i cant find a good tuner .. The Canned tunes are ok but i want more !!

blu5.7 02-18-2012 06:56 PM

I literally just got my tuner too.... we were in the talks of it then all sudden he couldn't.... bummer. Hopefully he gets goin again... I read all these great reviews. I was excited.

Redpit 02-18-2012 08:55 PM

Truthfully, unless you live where the weather is nice year round, than I say wait for Ryan. His tune is excellent, but a bit touchy for snowy/salty conditions. I have it, but currently don't run it for that exact reason.

svt393 02-19-2012 01:57 PM

Yeah im going to wait since its pretty much my only option .. I guess i can live with the canned tunes for now . Maybe i will play around with the tuner see what i can do as far as shifts..