Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Tech Tips/DIY/How To (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f156/)
-   -   Key-off Power Delay? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f156/key-off-power-delay-37421.html)

armoredsaint 02-16-2012 11:49 AM

Key-off Power Delay?

I searched and even have the full manual, can't find any info on it?

It has IIRC is 45 seconds, 5 and 10 minutes? Could it be for things like being able to power the radio when ignition/acc is off?

Tybalt39 02-16-2012 12:11 PM

Re: Key-off Power Delay?

That is my interpretation. I have mine set for 5 minutes, to let me listen to a radio program if I find it interesting after stopping the engine.

armoredsaint 02-16-2012 02:58 PM

thanks - i know a lot of cars don't even give you a choice - it's usually about 20 minutes and it's off.

Cherodude 02-16-2012 09:55 PM

You can set the delay via the EVIC menus.

armoredsaint 02-16-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherodude (Post 575492)
You can set the delay via the EVIC menus.

that's where i saw it, i guess you can set it on the radio menu too?

Justal13 02-16-2012 11:49 PM

If you push the start button for accessory mode, the default is 30 minutes (not adjustable). The power will stay on for 30 minutes no matter how many times you open the door, etc. You can cycle the start button to reset the 30 minute timer, as long as the drivers door is kept closed while you are doing so. This is the process I used to download 9 gb of music from a thumbdrive to the radio HDD. The download took nearly 3 hours, and the process did not drain the battery significantly (started right up, no issues).

The adjustable timer only leaves the power on after engine shut-off for the EVIC or radio selected time period, but powers off as soon as the drivers door is opened.

trustno1 06-25-2013 07:48 AM

I just went to an old drive-in theater where they broadcast the audio to an FM radio station. It was so annoying to have the power shut off every 30 min, as it was nice out and we were outside the vehicle. Prob won't be going there again, as I was just visiting. Still would be nice to have a longer delay for accessory power.

Todd3.6 07-31-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justal13 (Post 575574)
If you push the start button for accessory mode, the default is 30 minutes (not adjustable). The power will stay on for 30 minutes no matter how many times you open the door, etc. You can cycle the start button to reset the 30 minute timer, as long as the drivers door is kept closed while you are doing so. This is the process I used to download 9 gb of music from a thumbdrive to the radio HDD. The download took nearly 3 hours, and the process did not drain the battery significantly (started right up, no issues).

The adjustable timer only leaves the power on after engine shut-off for the EVIC or radio selected time period, but powers off as soon as the drivers door is opened.

Hint...
Use a Class 10 microSD card in a USB adapter and switch to radio station while the transfer is running. Goes much faster. I think 5GB took about 40 minutes.

2012 Summit 08-01-2013 06:24 AM

From the 2012 OM:

Key-Off Power Delay

When this feature is selected, the power window
switches, radio, hands-free system (if equipped), DVD
video system (if equipped), power sunroof (if equipped),
and power outlets will remain active for up to 10 minutes
after the ignition switch is turned OFF. Opening either
front vehicle door will cancel this feature. To make your
selection, scroll up or down until the preferred setting is
highlighted, then press and release the SELECT button