Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Tough color decision: deep Cher red or min gray?!? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/tough-color-decision-deep-cher-red-or-min-gray-37435.html)

Jdsmitty10 02-16-2012 04:52 PM

Tough color decision: deep Cher red or min gray?!?

I can't decide on a color. Either deep cherry red(wife's choice) or mineral gray(my choice). The tough part is I see awesome pics of both. Then terrible looks of both too. Seems as the color changes alot. Decisions decisions...

Scottina06 02-16-2012 04:55 PM

Re: Tough color decision: deep Cher red or min gray?!?

I am in the same boat with the SRt....tough

SW03ES 02-16-2012 04:57 PM

What model are you getting? I think the Mineral Grey looks bland on the Laredo and Laredo X. I think it needs the chrome of the Limited and up to play off of it, but on the Limited and up Mineral Grey is my favorite color.

Jdsmitty10 02-16-2012 04:59 PM

Funny u say that. I been looking in the srt section since the chance of seeing those 2 colors is higher and man... They both seem to look amazing in all those pics. Then I look at dealer pics and they just don't look good. Gonna head out this weekend and see them in person and make a decision

Jdsmitty10 02-16-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SW03ES (Post 575293)
What model are you getting? I think the Mineral Grey looks bland on the Laredo and Laredo X. I think it needs the chrome of the Limited and up to play off of it, but on the Limited and up Mineral Grey is my favorite color.

Limited with the 20's

Scottina06 02-16-2012 05:07 PM

either color will be sick. i dont think you can go wrong

JDrew 02-16-2012 05:31 PM

Mineral Gray is Bad-ass. IMO

Jeeters 02-16-2012 06:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jdsmitty10 (Post 575285)
Seems as the color changes alot.

You need to check out the colors when both overcast and in the sun. Especially the Pearl coats which an look completely different in the sun.

I like Mineral Grey when overcast. It's a nice, elegant grey. But in the sun? It doesn't even look grey to me. Looks beige. Reminds me of an old "Champagne" Honda.

Attachment 12155

And although I griped about too much chrome on the vehicle in the, well, "too much chrome?" thread, I do like the chrome grill of the WK2. I think it looks best when contrasted against a darker color. I don't even notice the chrome on the Mineral Grays.

rockrash 02-16-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

2X on Mineral Grey with Limited and up :thumbsup:

UNCjeepWK2 02-16-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

absolutely agree. I have a black Laredo X which I love... but mineral gray looks as you said bland w/ the painted wheels. With the chrome, though... freaking love the mineral gray.

armoredsaint 02-16-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDrew (Post 575317)
Mineral Gray is Bad-ass. IMO

:thumbsup::D

MadMax 02-16-2012 06:47 PM

My mom got Red. I like it, though I really like the metallic black or the mineral grey as well.