Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Another Police WK Bites The Dust (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/another-police-wk-bites-the-dust-37519.html)

Amelie 02-18-2012 01:10 PM

Another Police WK Bites The Dust

(No doubt the officer's loss of life is the most important element of this story and I'm sure he was a very respected member of his department and will be greatly missed by peers, friends and most importantly family.)

What a shame :(

http://www.wboy.com/story/16965440/o...n-car-accident

99formulam6 02-18-2012 01:25 PM

Re: Another Police WK Bites The Dust

:( very sad for the officer and his family. Also a sad day for that WK

Amelie 02-18-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99formulam6 (Post 576443)
:( very sad for the officer and his family. Also a sad day for that WK

Yes it is. :(

Redpit 02-18-2012 01:53 PM

Who cares about the jeep. The officer and his family are who I feel for.

Amelie 02-18-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redpit (Post 576457)
Who cares about the jeep. The officer and his family are who I feel for.

Well it wouldn't really make sense posting it in a WK section if it was just an officer that was killed. All sorts of police officers die every year, I just saw the WK and thought it was a bit relevant.

Redpit 02-18-2012 02:25 PM

I lost a family member in 08 to a car accident. So im more sensitive to this type of thing than most, I can admit that. But what many dont realize is that you do search this type of thing when its your family member. You look for answers even though there are none. So the likely hood of somebody in his family finding this thread is not incomprehensible. In 08 I found many things on the internet written about my family. If I stumbled along something like this, saying what a damn shame his car was totaled. Well, I would have found that in extremely poor taste.

This is a forum though, so differing opinions is what makes this work.

Amelie 02-18-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redpit (Post 576471)
I lost a family member in 08 to a car accident. So im more sensitive to this type of thing than most, I can admit that. But what many dont realize is that you do search this type of thing when its your family member. You look for answers even though there are none. So the likely hood of somebody in his family finding this thread is not incomprehensible. In 08 I found many things on the internet written about my family. If I stumbled along something like this, saying what a damn shame his car was totaled. Well, I would have found that in extremely poor taste.

This is a forum though, so differing opinions is what makes this work.

Yeah, it makes sense. Each of loss of life is tragic, no doubt in that. Vehicle related fatalities are among the top killers of people in the US, So I'm sure most everyone has lost a friend or family member in a car crash.

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-18-2012 11:42 PM

very sad to see.......

this is becoming a big problem here in pennsylvania.................
Green was living in Morgantown working with Marcellus Shale.

the workers think they are above the law

NorthNJwk 02-19-2012 12:48 AM

Regardless of who Green was working for, he killed a human being, someone that had a family, somone that was trying to make a difference in the world.. Green took his selfish behavior to the next level and caused the death of another human being. All I can say is RIP Sergeant Michael Todd May, Thank you for your service..

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-19-2012 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthNJwk (Post 576824)
Regardless of who Green was working for, he killed a human being, someone that had a family, somone that was trying to make a difference in the world.. Green took his selfish behavior to the next level and caused the death of another human being. All I can say is RIP Sergeant Michael Todd May, Thank you for your service..

if you knew anything about the situation with the drillers and their drinking problems you would know that occupation matters. the drillers in PA are transplants from TX and OK etc. they got away with murder down there and getting in big trouble up here. many dont think they should be arrested and have caused problems woth the police. DUI offenses have skyrocketed in the years since drilling has started as well as similar crimes. there have been similar instances in my area where people have been killed from roughnecks getting loaded and driving at night on roads they arent familiar with at all. its a horrible tragedy when a police officer is killed, but this is becoming a major problem in the whole marcellus shale area.

Amelie 02-19-2012 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 576863)
if you knew anything about the situation with the drillers and their drinking problems you would know that occupation matters. the drillers in PA are transplants from TX and OK etc. they got away with murder down there and getting in big trouble up here. many dont think they should be arrested and have caused problems woth the police. DUI offenses have skyrocketed in the years since drilling has started as well as similar crimes. there have been similar instances in my area where people have been killed from roughnecks getting loaded and driving at night on roads they arent familiar with at all. its a horrible tragedy when a police officer is killed, but this is becoming a major problem in the whole marcellus shale area.

Why do so many of these drillers have drinking problems? Do they use it as an escape or something or do they just so happen to have an addiction?

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-19-2012 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reichminister Goebbels (Post 576867)
Why do so many of these drillers have drinking problems? Do they use it as an escape or something or do they just so happen to have an addiction?

they are young, single and are very well paid for the work they do. they are also usually working in rural areas where bars are the only entertainment.