Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f186/)
-   -   Navi update (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f186/navi-update-37585.html)

jhjr85 02-19-2012 07:05 PM

Navi update

I bought a 05 Grand Cherokee a few months ago with the built in REC navigation unit. However I can not use my navigation. They gave me a disc from 04 but the screen always says "there is currently a newer version already installed" and I can't do anything because I don't have that new disc.
Is there anyway to reset the system. Or is there a disc I could buy that would solve my problems. I tried to download a torrent but that didn't work for some reason.
Any suggestions?

Hemi05WK 02-19-2012 07:18 PM

Re: Navi update

The latest disc is out... part number 05064033AK, you can get it from your dealer

jhjr85 02-19-2012 07:38 PM

Ya but I really don't wanna spend 200 for anew disc

Hemi05WK 02-19-2012 07:58 PM

.... My bad, then look on ebay for a used one at a release level closer to the AK one, and that should do ya...

The new one should be about 149.00

2005JGC 02-24-2012 12:48 AM

Once a newer disc is loaded into the nav it will not let it go back to the older version. Who knows what version has been loaded... Your safest bet would just be to get a new one but if you just wanted to try a cheaper option you can give ebay a shot I would shoot for AE or newer.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Mr. Boh 03-01-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhjr85 (Post 577241)
I bought a 05 Grand Cherokee a few months ago with the built in REC navigation unit. However I can not use my navigation. They gave me a disc from 04 but the screen always says "there is currently a newer version already installed" and I can't do anything because I don't have that new disc.
Is there anyway to reset the system. Or is there a disc I could buy that would solve my problems. I tried to download a torrent but that didn't work for some reason.
Any suggestions?

I've got an AG for sale now that you can have for $15 shipped or I'll have an AI for sale next week for $20 shipped. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

Jayman720 03-16-2012 02:41 PM

Hey all - I need some help. I got the AK torrent downloaded, burned my DL DVD from the iso, and it finished without error. I previously DL'd an iso for the AI, which had a bunch of files & folders on it. I put THAT DVD in, and it updated my REC radio. Once it finished, I got an error reading the DVD-ROM. I did the same thing with the AK, and I still get an error reading the DVD-ROM. I guess what I'm asking if anyone has an AK DVD, is is supposed to have just files, or files & folders on it? I'd hate to go and buy an AK DVD that (technically) works, when the actual problem is with my radio. I hope that makes sense. Any help is most appreciated!

MPG68 08-21-2012 03:23 PM

I had the same problem with my UK REJ version of the nav with a newer DVD going in to error.

It is possible to force the unit to download software from the old DVD by doing the following.

Put the old DVD in the machine.
Ensure the radio is on AM then switch to FM
Push the nav button.
Press 2 & 6 together then the cancel button.
This will then put you in the diagnostic menu. Select debug and then force download.

This will download the software off the old DVD and you can use it then.

Hope this helps

Mike

brentwoodkris 08-23-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayman720 (Post 595129)
Hey all - I need some help. I got the AK torrent downloaded, burned my DL DVD from the iso, and it finished without error. I previously DL'd an iso for the AI, which had a bunch of files & folders on it. I put THAT DVD in, and it updated my REC radio. Once it finished, I got an error reading the DVD-ROM. I did the same thing with the AK, and I still get an error reading the DVD-ROM. I guess what I'm asking if anyone has an AK DVD, is is supposed to have just files, or files & folders on it? I'd hate to go and buy an AK DVD that (technically) works, when the actual problem is with my radio. I hope that makes sense. Any help is most appreciated!

Do you have a link to the download? PM it to me if you could! I found a link, but apparently the max download limit was reached ;(

Byrd 09-11-2012 09:09 PM

PM me guys and I'll help you out for a small fee. I have the latest AK version with the in-motion nav enabled.

JeepUserAK 10-05-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brentwoodkris (Post 674412)
Do you have a link to the download? PM it to me if you could! I found a link, but apparently the max download limit was reached ;(

Did you have any luck with this? There seems to be a lot of general info out there but no specifics on the image or the image itself. Any help is hugely appreciated.

brentwoodkris 10-05-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepUserAK (Post 692971)
Did you have any luck with this? There seems to be a lot of general info out there but no specifics on the image or the image itself. Any help is hugely appreciated.

Byrd offered to sell me a copy for $45. Wasn't worth it for me, especially with the DMCA looming around. If I could have found the download link (it apparently was on demonoid and TPB before they got shut down), I would have downloaded it and burned it myself. But the GPS software is crappy and my Evo LTE uses a better map and frankly just works better. Beware of "buying" those hacked discs...

Also, interesting that you named yourself after the nav disc...