Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Chasis Lube Points (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/chasis-lube-points-37619.html)

fljeepleo 02-20-2012 11:43 AM

Chasis Lube Points

I just did my First at home oil change on my GC, I did a look around of the suspension for some lube points. I couldn't find any grease fittings to lube. Can anybody give me a heads up on any lube points that need routine service. They charge for a chassis lube when you take it to the dealer so what are they doing?

Thanks

peckmv 02-20-2012 11:49 AM

Re: Chasis Lube Points

Quote:

Originally Posted by fljeepleo (Post 577651)
I just did my First at home oil change on my GC, I did a look around of the suspension for some lube points. I couldn't find any grease fittings to lube. Can anybody give me a heads up on any lube points that need routine service. They charge for a chassis lube when you take it to the dealer so what are they doing?

Thanks

Tell the dealer to give your money back. The JGC has all sealed lube points. There are no grease fittings. They are designed to last the life of the vehicle.;)

fljeepleo 02-20-2012 11:51 AM

Thanks, this is why I work on my own vehicle. These dealers are ridiculous.

tnjeep 02-21-2012 06:01 AM

:thumbsup: Do it yourself and you know it is done right. I had the day off yesterday and decided to crawl underneath my WK2 and take a look at the diffs and transfer case for when it is time to check the fluid levels. The rear diff is really easy to get to the fill plug. The transfer case and the front diff is a different story. It looks like I'll have to pull the skid plates to access them. I also found a way to jack up the vehicle without hurting my pinch welds by using the OEM jack on the front and my own jack with a thick rag on it at the rear jack point. I am also going to use the tow hooks as a place to put my jack stands in case my jacks fail. Not going to let the stands hold the vehicle at the tow hooks, they would just bend or break probably but should suffice in an emergency.

peckmv 02-21-2012 07:15 AM

I also took a look underneath to scope out for future maintenance. I did remove all the skid plate bolts (one at a time) and applied never seize so when I remove them, they come out with no rust or breakage issues.;)

fljeepleo 02-21-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnjeep (Post 578263)
:thumbsup: Do it yourself and you know it is done right. I had the day off yesterday and decided to crawl underneath my WK2 and take a look at the diffs and transfer case for when it is time to check the fluid levels. The rear diff is really easy to get to the fill plug. The transfer case and the front diff is a different story. It looks like I'll have to pull the skid plates to access them. I also found a way to jack up the vehicle without hurting my pinch welds by using the OEM jack on the front and my own jack with a thick rag on it at the rear jack point. I am also going to use the tow hooks as a place to put my jack stands in case my jacks fail. Not going to let the stands hold the vehicle at the tow hooks, they would just bend or break probably but should suffice in an emergency.

Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk