Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   Need some suggestions! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/need-some-suggestions-3765.html)

rufdod 11-02-2009 02:00 PM

Need some suggestions!

I have a silver 05 5.7l wk. I have some extra money to spend and wondered what you guys think i should get. I'm debating between the following:

Diablo Predator

Finishing the paint on my srt conversion
I have all the parts, i just need to get the bumpers, sides, and mirrors painted, and finish the custom exhaust.

Bwoody Intake
Either the 4", or the 3.5" CAI

I dont know if i want the diablo right now unless they fixed the problem with the key cycle for the 05's.

I cant decide if i should get all the paint done right before winter, when i could just wait until spring, and possible have wheels by then.

And i just made my "mwoody" intake last week, so i dont know if i should get the bwoody yet.

Let me know what you guys think i should do..

B.P.O.D 11-02-2009 02:05 PM

Re: Need some suggestions!

if you made the mwoody no need to buy the bwoody imo. i'd get something else

White WK Swagga 11-02-2009 02:10 PM

I'm more a visual MOD person.

Megatron 11-02-2009 02:14 PM

Finish the exterior. Its what you see right off the bat.

But at the end of the day, its your jeep!

rufdod 11-02-2009 02:27 PM

yeah, i agree, ive been wanting to finish it for a while, and in the summer, i was all about it, now its almost winter and im second guessing with all the salt and what not...

Megatron 11-02-2009 02:29 PM

With that stated, I would say, do that come spring time and do engine mods for now.

Scottina06 11-02-2009 02:31 PM

the winter time is a good time to have things painted because of price and the shops are not as busy. Buts its bad for new paint...especially in the Pitt, Pa climate. I would take advatage of the winter time painting prices and not get them installed yet. Hold off till spring. Put the money you have now towards suspension or something of that nature. I've tried to keep my truck a nice balance of performance, suspension and looks.

B.P.O.D 11-02-2009 02:33 PM

balance? you're being modest!!!! what part of it isn't nice looking?!?!?!?!?!?!

TimmyB 11-02-2009 05:59 PM

I would get the parts you have painted, and maybe wait to install them in spring if your worried about salt, but I dont think salt would really damage the paint as opposed to people hitting your bumpers like mine are daily parking in Boston. Save and get rims also to go with the srt body kit. Would suck if you spent money on other mods then something later on happens where you suddenly dont have the money to paint the parts you have, just my 2 cents. Get what you have completed....