Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/)
-   -   What's a good strut to pair with the Monroe Load Leveler rear shock? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/whats-a-good-strut-to-pair-with-the-monroe-load-leveler-rear-shock-37654.html)

slowurroll 02-20-2012 09:12 PM

What's a good strut to pair with the Monroe Load Leveler rear shock?

Hey all,

I just ordered Monroe Load Leveler rear shocks. Part #: 58643. I went with these based off of what I've seen on this site. I am wondering if there is a good strut that I can pair them with on the front. Any suggestions? Or would it be more worth it to return the Monroes and go for a different set of shocks/struts?

I am adding the Rock Krawler 3.5/2" lift kit soon. Potentially some Rusty's 1/2" spacers for the front. I'm just wondering which is best to get a little more lift. I saw that the Monroe's will get a little more in the back and wanted to get a little in the front. Will the spacers be my best bet?

Thanks guys!

mosier 03-03-2012 06:04 PM

Re: What's a good strut to pair with the Monroe Load Leveler rear shock?

The Bilstein HD's work great with the Load Levelers. Check out the "Mini" Lift thread I have, I just had this done. Great suspension combination in my opinion.

slowurroll 03-03-2012 06:32 PM

Hmm. I will keep that in mind. I was just thinking of getting a pair of Monroe's for the front. I know some other guys that did that and they love it. Are you running a lift as well?

mosier 03-03-2012 06:38 PM

Well by the time I ran the Bilsteins up front, Rustys 1'2 inch spacer and new Moog spring Isolators all the way around, coupled with the stock length Load Levelers, I gained 1.5" inches up front, and about 1.25" inches out back. It's all in that thread:)

slowurroll 03-03-2012 08:05 PM

Ya I ended up finding your thread lol. Sorry I didn't look before. I may go with the Bilsteins. I've also been thinking about the Monroe's as I stated before. Guess we will see. Thanks!

mosier 03-03-2012 08:13 PM

No problem:thumbsup:

Kman09JGC 03-04-2012 12:25 AM

What's the main difference between the Bilsteins and the monroe's?

slowurroll 03-04-2012 01:06 AM

That's a good question. I've just seen the Bilsteins talked up so much on this forum and others. While I've talked to a few guys that run Monroe's and for what they use it for (daily/minor off-road use) they work perfect. That's what I will be using my rig for too. The Monroe's are a little bit cheaper I know that. I'll have to do some research.