Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Grand Cherokee saved me today (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/grand-cherokee-saved-me-today-37659.html)

jgc4ever 02-20-2012 11:16 PM

Grand Cherokee saved me today

It was raining hard tonight and I was going straight on a yellow light. I almost wrecked my brand new Grand Cherokee tonight. A car turned in front of me and I slammed on the brakes and closed my eyes. I really thought it was all over when I saw the car start to turn in front of me. I didn't hear a crash and I opened my eyes and their small car looked almost like it was underneath my front bumper. I backed up and they went on and then the light was red and I was stuck in the middle of the intersection and the traffic just goes right by. Good thing it has Ready Alert Braking, Rain Brake Support and anti-lock HD brakes. That shook me up a little. I guess I'm just thankful now that I'm home safe.

C

Archer9 02-20-2012 11:28 PM

Re: Grand Cherokee saved me today

Glad you got home in one piece and no metal got bent tonight! I find I really have to drive a lot more defensively in the rain...I often see people take chances cutting into traffic that I wouldn't normally expect to see. I think some people simply aren't looking as far up the road as they think they are when it's raining.

jgc4ever 02-20-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archer9 (Post 578171)
Glad you got home in one piece and no metal got bent tonight! I find I really have to drive a lot more defensively in the rain...I often see people take chances cutting into traffic that I wouldn't normally expect to see. I think some people simply aren't looking as far up the road as they think they are when it's raining.

Thank you. Yea, I was probably going too fast too and I was coming up a hill. I had the HIDs and fogs on though.

GTREVINOWK2 02-20-2012 11:48 PM

Thanks for sharing! Good to hear all is ok

jgc4ever 02-21-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTREVINOWK2 (Post 578179)
Thanks for sharing! Good to hear all is ok

Thank you. :thumbsup:

ENFORCER 02-21-2012 03:45 AM

Glad there was no collision, shit can happen quickly, so the more help the better. I feel safer in my Jeep than any other car I have been in.

BuckeyeSRT 02-21-2012 07:27 AM

I am pretty thankful you got home safe too.

jgc4ever 02-21-2012 10:42 AM

Thanks!

nek121328 02-21-2012 09:53 PM

Ah, next time don't drive through a Yellow Traffic Light.

jgc4ever 02-21-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nek121328 (Post 578809)
Ah, next time don't drive through a Yellow Traffic Light.

I won't. Lesson learned.

RedRocker 02-21-2012 11:48 PM

FYI - you will (automatically) steer where you look. Hopefully there won't be a next time, but if there is, slam on the brakes and look for a clear spot to drive to - modern traction control will guarantee you get to where you're looking (assuming there's room).

Edit: It's probably obvious from the above, but you should also NOT fixate on what you're trying to avoid cause you'll steer toward it.

jp467 02-21-2012 11:52 PM

You should also never close your eyes when driving.