Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

If you order a jeep and incentives change??

7K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  protect1989 
#1 ·
Just wondering what happens if the incentives change for better or worse before my jeep comes in, what happens? Keep what the incentives were at the time of deal or what? thanks!

#2 ·
When I ordered mine (USA) the dealer said incentives were locked in. If better incentives are offered when the Jeep is delivered, you can choose to substitute the new incentives. You may need to keep track yourself.

This has been consistent for the previous 5 cars I've ordered, which incentive package is better gets applied.

#3 ·
For any car that I've ever bought (I've factory ordered them all), the incentives that could be applied were only those that that existed at the actual time of purchase. If some incentive was available at time of order but expired at time of purchase, then it's not applicable.
Or course, with the way things are for the automakers these days, perhaps some have changed things up.

#6 · (Edited)
That is incorrect for Chrysler, maybe others. Chrysler's policy is that the incentives are protected (along with purchase price, and destination fees). You may want to double check with your salesman before you sign on the dotted line for your order.

There were price increases as well as less incentives on both my recent cars, including the JGC, but the original price and incentives was honored by Chrysler.

There are dealers without scruples, however.

#4 · (Edited)
The incentives you get are the ones that are available on the date of the purchase. It doesn't matter what is offered when you order.

Sounds like I was wrong I guess you can get price protection. Dealers in the past have told me I could lose the rebates if I order. I guess they just wanted me to buy off the lot.

#5 ·
What are the advantages, if any ordering from the factory vs buying off the lot? I ordered my last vehicle because they could not locate the one I wanted anywhere in the midwest. Does the delaler make you a better offer since there is no monthly payment for the vehicle on the lot?

Much appreciate the feedback!

#7 ·
Ok I would like to clear up Chrysler Dodge Jeep and Ram policy on rebates/ incentives on ordered vehicles. This is coming from my experience working at a CDJR Dealership for 4 years and currently I still sell vehicles to previous clients.

On Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep and Ram vehicles if you walk into your local dealer and have them order you a vehicle you are locked into the rebates/ incentives that are currently offered. You wait lets say 8 weeks, the vehicle that you order comes in, and the rebates/ incentives are better then you can choose those instead. So this allows you to order a vehicle and know how much it will cost after incentives and if it gets better you choose to take it. You can not combine the earlier and later incentives and you can not choose incentives that are in the middle while the vehicle is being built.

I hope this clears up any issues. If you need anything else ask.

#8 ·
Price Protection
Price Protection is available on sold orders to protect the customer from price increases which occur between the vehicle order date and the KZ (invoice) date. A claim for Price Protection must meet the following criteria:
The sale must be documented by a signed and dated buyer’s order which details the agreed upon selling price at the time of order and secured by a customer’s deposit with receipts at time of order. Dealer must print and retain the Order Confirmation
Ordered new for immediate production, or selected from dealer stock orders not yet invoiced, and delivered to the original customer

Must be delivered within 14 days of the date the vehicle is received at the dealership (KZX date)
Must be delivered to the customer whose name is on the factory order and subsequent factory invoice at the documented agreed upon price at time of order
You must claim Price Protection by inserting the price protection program number on the Exception Claim Entry Screen when reporting the sale. Program numbers are in the Pricing Announcements and stored in DealerCONNECT eFiles under Sales.
Price Protection claims are made via "DealerCONNECT > Sales > Incentives Claims Processing > Incentive Claim Entry > Exception Claim Entry"
Sold Order Consumer Incentive Protection
This program protection may be available when a vehicle is sold or ordered for a customer during an incentive program and that program has expired by the time the vehicle is physically delivered. This protection is available unless stated otherwise in the Official Program Rules. A claim for sold order consumer incentive protection must meet the following criteria:
The sale must be documented by a signed and dated buyer’s order, during the program period, which details the agreed upon selling price, and secured by a customer’s deposit with receipts, at time of order. Dealer must print and retain the Order Confirmation
Ordered new for immediate production, or selected from in-transit dealer stock, and delivered to the original customer
Must be delivered within 14 days of the date the vehicle is received at the dealership (known as X date)
Must be delivered to the customer for whom the order was placed and at the originally agreed upon price at the time of order
All consumer incentives must be documented as being passed on to the customer on the buyer’s order as described in the Required Incentive Disclosure/Documentation Section
If the vehicle is delivered after the end date of the eligible program, the customer will have the choice of either the consumer programs available at the time of customer order or consumer programs at the time of vehicle delivery, but not both
The qualification date is the date the dealership and customer agree on the purchase or lease of a vehicle. The purchase/lease terms, conditions, and price of the vehicle must be clearly documented via a completed signed buyer’s order and proof of deposit/payment on the date of sale. This date can override the delivery date for incentive payment. This date protects the customer and/or dealership for any eligible incentives available at the time of sale (excluding

objective-based and stair step programs). Qualification Date is also known as Sale Date
Incentive Protection claims are made by entering the Program ID and Qualification Date (in addition to delivery date) on the Exception Claim screen found via "DealerCONNECT > Sales > Incentives Claims Processing > Incentive Claim Entry > Exception Claim Entry"

#9 ·
Is it bad that all i got after ordering was a credit card slip and a generic paper with the msrp, purchase price,rebate, tax, tags, document fees on it. No details about the vehicle? can the dealer try to screw me when its pick up time?

#15 ·
This is exactly what happened to me. I ordered a 2012 GC at the end of september. They told me the vehicle was being delivered and would be on the lot 48 hours after signing. Sure enough 72 hours went by with no phone call. Then another 48 hours after that still no call. By this time it was already October when I got a call that my jeep was being held in the rail yard for a "safety inspection" and that my signed contract was null and void because the rates changed and I hadn't taken delivery of the vehicle yet. After extensive arguing on the legality of the claim and contacting my lawyer i was told I was basically SOL. The september deals for 2012 GC and the October deals were totally different so they wouldn't honor my contract because the vehicle didn't technically exist, only a vin number. I ended up having to get a 2011 GC they had on the lot.

#16 · (Edited)
I don't know what state you live in but that wouldn't fly in NY or Florida.
Did your sales contract have a clause in it specifically stating they wouldn't honor the incentive if it changed?? Or are you taking about finance rates that changed?? Sounds to me like they wanted you to purchase "older inventory" for their benefit and you went along!

Price protection is Chrysler policy as posted by Pat. A signed sales contract is a binding legal agreement that protects both the buyer and the seller. If you read them carefully you will see the latter is generally protected more, as they are the one printing the contract, with the fine print always somehow in their favor! That being said something doesn't sound right with this deal?

#18 ·
Thank you, Pat for posting that information about the incentives and guiding me through this. As you told me to do, I printed the price protection policy gave it too the salesman and emphasized to him the part about incentives since he told me when he assembled my vehicle for order that the incentive would be whatever was in effect, if any, when the vehicle arrived. When he saw the policy he recoginzed it came from the Chrysler Gold book and said though he'd been selling Chrysler vehicles for twenty years he never heard of this. He took it to his manager who claimed the policy had changed in September of 2011 and I would get whatever incentinve was available when the vehicle arrived if I ordered it. I went back to Pat and he told me this policy came from the September 2011 book and the dealer was either ignorant or being hard headed. I went back to him about it, he took it to the district manager and he later called me to tell me Pat was right and I would get at least the current incentive or whatever is in effect in 5 - 6 weeks when my JGC arrives if it is better.
Thank you, Pat!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Pat is an incredible resource.

#19 ·
The whole deal seemed very sketchy to me and I would never go back. i did buy the vehicle in florida from Jeep of North Broward. They will not be getting my business again. I ultimately didn't end up get raked over the coals. The vehicle is a lease so getting the 2011 dropped it from a 48 month to a 36 month lease with the same monthly payment and free oil changes. I don't trust them though. I talked to their manager and GM and they both said that since there was no physical vehicle, only the VIN, that jeep couldn't honor the contract. I don't completely understand but I had no vehicle and signed on the dotted line. I contacted Jeep about it and left a complaint about the dealership. I actually contacted Jeep a few more times regarding my vehicle and the dealership and have never heard a word back or even a "sorry for your trouble". So much for customer service.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.