Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   How do you change the clock? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/how-do-you-change-the-clock-3769.html)

rufdod 11-02-2009 03:51 PM

How do you change the clock?

i have the rec i believe... 05 limited with navigation... I cant find how to change the clock in the book. It only has for other styles of radio? Maybe i am just dumb i dont know..

Tim@NCTSLLC 11-02-2009 03:52 PM

Re: How do you change the clock?

its in the navigation menus.

blackpepper 11-02-2009 03:53 PM

Yup and if you have the "time" button (some RECs have a "mute" button instead), hold it down until the time screen pops up.. quicker than sifting through the nav menus.

rufdod 11-02-2009 03:53 PM

well thats a problem then.. my joystick is broken, guess thats why i couldnt find it. thanks

rufdod 11-02-2009 03:54 PM

you mean the mute instead of the time, or will it also work as a time button if you hold it down?

blackpepper 11-02-2009 04:03 PM

Yup the earlier REC models had a mute button in the bottom right corner and newer ones have a time button that replaced the mute button. To mute the newer RECs you have to turn the volume down the whole way and then it will say MUTE instead of the volume number.

I would guess that the mute button doesn't act as the time button...

And if your joystick is broken try holding down the right-center button on your steering wheel for a couple seconds. By doing this, a little steering wheel icon should pop up on your nav screen. From there you can use the navigation from your steering wheel controls on the left, up/down and I'm pretty sure the center-left button would be "enter." It took me a few times to get comfortable with it but I'm sure it's not as complicated as iDrive :lol:

White WK Swagga 11-02-2009 04:21 PM

just press the clock and the menu comes up. Are the non My Gig touch screen?

blackpepper 11-02-2009 04:22 PM

No the REC is littered with buttons and toggle joysticks..

ducks unlimited 11-02-2009 05:51 PM

on mine just tap the time and i can change it

rufdod 11-03-2009 08:19 AM

thanks, i will try the steering wheel buttons, no touch screen here.

I did see a repair kit or parts on ebay to repair the joystick, apparently its common, anyone ever seen this?

Scottina06 11-03-2009 12:35 PM

it was common on 05's I believe. Seems like the fix is pretty easy

rufdod 11-03-2009 02:49 PM

awesome, i didnt know i could use the steering wheel buttons for practically all the nav features. thanks guys.