Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Any of us WK2 people test drive a SRT8 yet? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/any-of-us-wk2-people-test-drive-a-srt8-yet-37695.html)

J13ntv 02-21-2012 11:33 PM

Any of us WK2 people test drive a SRT8 yet?

So have any of us WK2 folks test drive a SRT8 at any local dealers? And no you don't count if you don't own or didn't trade in a WK2. I saw a local dealer has two and was thinking of taking a drive to finally see one in person and test drive if possible. Not that I'd trade in my overland but just to see the difference in person and see how much power the 6.4 really has. :lol:

Scottina06 02-21-2012 11:58 PM

Re: Any of us WK2 people test drive a SRT8 yet?

you drive it.....youll buy it.....LOL

Deception 02-22-2012 12:49 AM

The second you drive it you're going to be constantly debating on whether or not you should trade it in. If you really like your Overland, save your time and money lol

rushdriven 02-22-2012 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 578886)

+1

NHman 02-22-2012 07:24 AM

I almost test drove one as there is a black one at my dealership. It is a nice package, the utility of a SUV but with a high level of performance. Yesterday I saw my first SRT8 on the road. It was a mineral gray traveling in the opposite lane (if a belonging to a forum member, nice) on Rt 3S in MA. It definitely has road presence in a good way. However I decided against buying one as it came down to financial specifically the cost of fuel. I drive 20k miles per year. My current WK2 w/ Hemi averages 15 mpg. I suspect the SRT8 will drive the average down to 13. With rising fuel costs it just doesn't make sense for me.

Back to the test drive, I fear the emotional side out reasoning my practical side. Therefore I declined the offer by my salesperson to take a drive.

markp99 02-22-2012 07:56 AM

Test drove the SRT when Jeep brought their roadshow to the Boston area in September.

http://home.comcast.net/~markp99/srt8_3.jpg

Loved it! Though I'm sure I'd get into nothing but trouble with that much power! :):D

Shortdustoff 02-22-2012 08:07 AM

Drove a WK back in 2008 (own a Charger SRT8) when at the SRT track experience that you get free with the purchase of an SRT8. Had I driven the Cherokee before that I would have bought that instead of the Charger. Tried to talk the wife into getting the SRT8 instead of the Overland but that didn't fly very far. Agreed, don't test drive unless you are ready to buy one. It will seal the deal.

ColinIllinois 02-22-2012 08:14 AM

I get a huge rush when I floor the pedal with my V8 Hemi. I think I'd pee my drawers if I got to test drive an SRT. :lol:

MikeBoom 02-22-2012 09:14 AM

Apparently as is the case with many of the others here, I know better than to tempt myself. I've owned cars faster than the SRT8, but I'd imagine that I'd find the combination of utility and performance impossible to resist.

And, really, I do need a little bit of off-road utility. I wouldn't want to besmirch a fine road machine like that with the indignity of plodding through a hayfield.

Plus, I'm poor. :D

moosehead 02-22-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 578886)

Exactly why I have not test driven one.

J13ntv 02-22-2012 10:08 AM

Like a bunch of kids in here, Does no one have self control/reason? :lol: if we wk2 overland people trade in for a srt8 your looking at a minimum of another 30k needed, that's with the dealers giving us say 35k for the trade and that's a number I just pulled out of the air. I'd also lose the ability to tow which I need, as well as gaining even worse gas mileage. Some people are averaging 9-10 mpg or worse. That's also like 5k of fuel a year! The benefits aren't there for me at least, I mean it's definitely an awesome vehicle with a lot of power and Id imagine very fun to drive!

bmrisko 02-22-2012 10:09 AM

I have passed on the opportunity a couple times at dealerships b/c I know I will always regret not saving up the extra cash for an SRT8. However, my wife and I talked about this as the Jeep is her primary vehicle and she didn't want the SRT8 as she didn't think it was practical...now when the time comes for me to get a new vehicle, things may be different. :D