Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

LIMP Mode :(

11K views 38 replies 8 participants last post by  SvenskaJeepGuy 
#1 ·
I recently received a loaner top PRND bezel from a member here. I received it on Saturday and installed it on the same day.

I've been driving with it since then and this morning, Wednesday, it put my WK into LIMP mode. It's stuck in a gear but I'm not certain as to which one.

The bad thing is....I shipped my shifter to Bob the day before. Very bad timing.

I drove with this shifter for a few days to see if it was ok in which it was up until now.

The code I got is U0103.

I just PM'd Bob and told him I would pay for overnight shipping.

My question is how long will it be before I won't be able to drive it at all?

#2 ·
I already know what the problem is. I just want to know if I can cause anymore damage driving it like this.

Because its stuck in a certain gear, there is a very slight delay in cranking and putting it into gear gives a thump.

#3 ·
WTF! Would LIMP mode have any affect on my AC?

It's not blowing hot air.

#4 ·
Well....it turns out that the my AC controls I got back from Bob are rotating the shutters for the flow of air.

The air is stuck blowing in the footwells.

Damn!!! :motx:

#5 ·
Busted shifter. Busted AC controls. 41 views. No advice.

Can I at least get help finding the info on how to. Clean the shifter. I'm still searching for it.

#7 ·
Thanks Scott. Just got an email from Bob and he said he can overnight my shifter. Bob is a great guy.

Still trying to figure out this AC.

Not too worried about all of it. Still concerned though. The good thing is that I can still drive 35 mph at 3,000 rpms.

#8 ·
Just noticed this will checking things out on the shifter. I don't have a T-Case switch so I don't know if it pertains to me but I'm going to fix it anyway. Glad I work in a shop where I can work on my Jeep.

Seems as if it was open prior to me installing it and somebody accidentally bent a terminal underneath.

I'm about to straighten it out now and see if it works.

#9 ·
To prevent braking the terminal, it took the use of 2 needle nose pliers at the same time so my manager helped me.

#10 ·
Nope. Didn't work. Still stuck in LIMP.

#12 ·
Bob from LXHarness is the best. That's all I have to say.

#16 ·
I will try that Rob. Thanks.

#17 ·
I have had the battery disconnected but I do not think I drained the PCM. However, I did try to clear the code but it's still right there right when I turn the key just like this morning.

No run for a short time or nothing. The code is there right when the key is turned.

Bob is going to overnight my shifter back to me but he hasn't even received it yet. I shipped it yesterday morning priority mail so maybe he will get it tomorrow.

I'm not too bummed because I only drive to and from work and have JG on my side. :thumbsup: I won't be getting a haircut this week though. :lol:

#19 ·
Reading now. Thanks. Will rep after I read.

#22 ·
Yeah. I was going to try that when I get off too before I leave the parking lot. Thanks.

#21 ·
Yeeeaaahhh buddy. I get off from work in 27 minutes and I'm going to stop by Advance for contact cleaner.

I'll let you guys know what happens.

#23 ·
Read about 7 pages of the thread and all that did it have had positive results.

#24 ·
bummer! I had a similar issue with my a/c as when i would shut it off the vents would still blow hot air. I guess the recirculating valve in the a/c on our rigs can go fairly easily so after they replaced that it works like a charm. hope that helps...gl with getting her fixed!

#25 ·
I solved the AC issue already. I currently have my foot on the brake draining the PCm now.

#26 ·
Still LIMP mode. I'm at Advance. I'm cleaning the shifter now.

#28 ·
The codes will not clear. Still stuck in LIMP.

#30 ·
:rolllol: Bob should get my shifter tomorrow if my timing is right. If he overnight it back to me, maybe I'll get it Friday or Saturday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.