Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Need Ideas - Surprise Wife w/ GC (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/need-ideas-surprise-wife-w-gc-37746.html)

hdbluedeuce 02-22-2012 09:28 PM

Need Ideas - Surprise Wife w/ GC
 
To All,

I've ordered my wife a 2012 Overland for our anniverssary. It will be here hopefully early next week. The kicker is, although she wants one so bad, she has no idea that this is coming. I've told her she can have anything but a Chrysler product, but she doesn't even want to look at anything else.

So I borke down and ordered her one about 5 weeks ago.

I'm looking for creative ways to present the GC to her as a surprise.

Whach ya'll got for ideas?

Thanks.

Wxchaser 02-22-2012 09:35 PM

Re: Need Ideas - Surprise Wife w/ GC
 
Take her to the fanciest restaurant around for celebrating the anniversary, after giving her a massive bouquet of flowers.

Drive your own vehicle to dinner, but have the new Jeep completely waxed and detailed awaiting your arrival. Make sure the place you eat at has valet parking.

At the end of the meal, pretend you are having your own car brought around, but instead, make sure the valet brings her new Grand Cherokee.

Enjoy!

cbowen 02-22-2012 09:45 PM

Re: Need Ideas - Surprise Wife w/ GC
 
Great idea Wxchaser. I would say that would be top on my list.

Tkrichman 02-22-2012 10:23 PM

Re: Need Ideas - Surprise Wife w/ GC
 
I would say to put the key in a glass of champagne however it is an electronic key :D

jp467 02-23-2012 12:25 AM

Re: Need Ideas - Surprise Wife w/ GC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hdbluedeuce (Post 579472)
To All,

I've ordered my wife a 2012 Overland for our anniverssary. It will be here hopefully early next week. The kicker is, although she wants one so bad, she has no idea that this is coming. I've told her she can have anything but a Chrysler product, but she doesn't even want to look at anything else.

So I borke down and ordered her one about 5 weeks ago.

I'm looking for creative ways to present the GC to her as a surprise.

Whach ya'll got for ideas?

Thanks.

Anything but a Chrysler product. What's that all about?

H2rescue 02-23-2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wxchaser (Post 579481)
Take her to the fanciest restaurant around for celebrating the anniversary, after giving her a massive bouquet of flowers.

Drive your own vehicle to dinner, but have the new Jeep completely waxed and detailed awaiting your arrival. Make sure the place you eat at has valet parking.

At the end of the meal, pretend you are having your own car brought around, but instead, make sure the valet brings her new Grand Cherokee.

Enjoy!

Now if that doesn't get you some brownie points, I don't know what will.

frog_a_lot 02-23-2012 12:57 AM

Re: Need Ideas - Surprise Wife w/ GC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tkrichman (Post 579513)
I would say to put the key in a glass of champagne however it is an electronic key :D

Pfft, key in champagne, so cliche.. put the Jeep in the pool :)

Marlin 02-23-2012 01:13 AM

Re: Need Ideas - Surprise Wife w/ GC
 
My father bought a new M3 for my mother for their 20th wedding anniversary.

He had me deliver the car to his house early that morning and place it on the driveway in an attractive position, and I then attached an HUGE novelty bow to the car.

He kept her out the back of the house, made her a coffee to keep her busy, RELAX he says :) . They had made plans to go out for "brunch" and he handed her keys as they were walking to the door for her to drive. She opened the door, saw the M3 (white with pink bow), looked at the keys and realised they were not her old keys, and LOST HER SHIT! lol

Great memories :)
They've since split up. Mum got the M3.
LMFAO!!

2005JGC 02-23-2012 01:21 AM

Re: Need Ideas - Surprise Wife w/ GC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlin (Post 579624)
My father bought a new M3 for my mother for their 20th wedding anniversary.

He had me deliver the car to his house early that morning and place it on the driveway in an attractive position, and I then attached an HUGE novelty bow to the car.

He kept her out the back of the house, made her a coffee to keep her busy, RELAX he says :) . They had made plans to go out for "brunch" and he handed her keys as they were walking to the door for her to drive. She opened the door, saw the M3 (white with pink bow), looked at the keys and realised they were not her old keys, and LOST HER SHIT! lol

Great memories :)
They've since split up. Mum got the M3.
LMFAO!!

That story brought a tear to my eye... lol


If you did a restaurant thing that you parked, had a friend drive the new rig over and replace your car in the parking lot with the jeep and when you walk out walk straight up to it and climb in meanwhile if your wife is paying ANY attention to what is going on she will be scratching her head for a second as to what your doing...

The wife saw this post and is currently deep in thought, I may have other suggestions coming ha ha... ultimately she said "whatever happens it had better involve a HUGE red bow" lol

Mark Paul 02-23-2012 02:32 AM

Re: Need Ideas - Surprise Wife w/ GC
 
I vote the restaurant idea! What a great way to surprise someone special!!!!

JABEACHFANZ 02-23-2012 06:32 AM

Re: Need Ideas - Surprise Wife w/ GC
 
If she works hide the key somewhere in her purse that she wouldn't see it throughout the day. Then have her car towed and park the jeep in its place. Then make up a story somehow for her to try to find the owner of the jeep. When she grabs the handle of the jeep it unlocks.....also to seal the deal put a card in the seat or something like that. Be creative!

hdbluedeuce 02-23-2012 06:48 AM

Re: Need Ideas - Surprise Wife w/ GC
 
The valet idea is definetly at the top of the list. Its only the logistics that will make this one a little more difficult to pull off, but would be well worth the effort.

Keep the ideas coming and thanks for all of the input so far.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community