Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Finally got around to painting my wheelzz

4K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  cjnesher 
#1 ·
Just painting my wheels after debating to do it for such a long time...i plastidipped them without taking the wheels off and used multiple light coats to prevent drips and sags...sorry about the picture quality...i'll be uploading more pics later...let me know what you guys think!

See less See more
#3 ·
looks pretty good! i have same wheels and i hate the look of them, looking into some factory reps 20" or 22" love the overland wheels too but there pretty spendy

#4 ·
^ im fine with the 18's...i had the nonpolished alum wheels and they weren't too bad. but when i painted them all black, they look a lot better on the car (IMHO). i love the overland wheels too, but i think if i had them, i'd still paint them black. i've seen a member here who painted their overland wheels black and it looks great. for now i'm happy with the 18's. i'll be taking better pictures over the weekend when i get down and dirty washing and claying the car and cleaning the wheels.

#5 ·
I have same setup, what did you use to prevent spray hitting the brakes and such?

#8 ·
I used thick gift wrapping paper. Instead of balling it up and stuffing it between the spokes, what I did was I laid it over the opening between the spokes and pushed it through. When all of the paper was through the opening, I just opened it back up and covered as much surface area of the rotors and calipers as I could. It's a lot better than stuffing the openings between the spokes with crumpled paper because its more uniform and its more stable---i didnt even have to use tape to hold it in place. As for the tires, I used blue painter's tape...did the trick just fine.

#7 ·
very nice!

#11 ·
Looks great... I plan on plasti-dippin my rims once it gets warmer.

#14 ·
Any new pics of the 18's after the wash and closeups?

#16 ·
Is this gloss or matte finish? Any better pics?

#19 ·
I just did mine, anyone have any experience with going through a car was with plastidipped wheels?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.