Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   The Horror (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/the-horror-37775.html)

moosehead 02-23-2012 01:11 PM

The Horror

Just recently, I had one of those 24 hour, turn-and-burn, airline trips for work that only leaves you spent and grumpy. You know, the kind where you sometimes cannot find your vehicle in the airport lot.

This time though, I was OK on remembering where the rig was parked and once schlepping back to the Jeep, couldn’t get the liftgate to unlock with the rear pushbutton.

Crap. Cursed to myself that the gottdamned FOBIK was the problem, or had a dead fob battery, or worse case the computer had gone sideways. Great, welcome home. Had to throw the bags down, dig into the briefcase to get the keyfob.

Still no go. Pulled out the mechanical key to manually open the door. Not working either. WTF?

Duh. Turns out to be another silver WK2, with similar ski racks and road mung from the latest snow storm. Worse yet, fully badged, fully stock, and a V6.

It was like seeing your best friend in the same designer dress on New Years Eve. It was mortifying. Quick look around to make sure no one was watching.

Then had to sheepishly amble over to my Jeep just four stalls away. She was pissed. Got down on my knees and apologized profusely.

Moral of the story: never stop modding.

Nbtstatic 02-23-2012 01:37 PM

Re: The Horror

lol that's funny. Pikes peak shuttle lot? :D

ColinIllinois 02-23-2012 01:43 PM

I just want you to know I'm not laughing with you, I'm laughing at you. :lol:

Escape 02-23-2012 02:27 PM

Reminds me of a time long ago. Went to Disney and the great parking directors decided to park ALL of the rental white aries K cars in one HUGE lot.

There had to be 1,000+ White Aries K cars.

I opened several cars that just weren't ours...but the keys worked...lol!

SixZeroFour 02-23-2012 02:37 PM

lol, that's pretty damn funny. Glad you figured it out before calling a towtruck!

bigjgcfan 02-23-2012 03:12 PM

..."Worse yet, fully badged, fully stock, and a V6"

That story is superb...
Man, you must have been really out of it.

A Big Thanks for telling it, though!
I think most people would not want to 'own' that mishap!!

AAAA 02-23-2012 03:30 PM

Moral to the story- quit work.

moosehead 02-23-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAAA (Post 579969)
Moral to the story- quit work.

+1, still working on that.

StoneCold 02-23-2012 05:21 PM

Ha ha! My dad did something similar when I was a kid. Would have been the early 80's. We all jumped into the car after a shopping trip, when he suddenly jumped out if the drivers seat shouting "this isn't my car!" We'd all gotten in to an identical one!

chibianh 02-23-2012 06:48 PM

too funny! I've yet to see one with my exact setup, but these WK2s are everywhere so I don't doubt it'll happen to me one of these days soon!

Brewster 02-23-2012 07:43 PM

Too funny. I did that with my previous GC Limited at a mall. What was worse, I could see the lights flashing on my actual one out of the corner off my eye. I had to tell the wife to take her hands of someone else's door handle.

Mongoose9400 02-23-2012 07:54 PM

I watched my boss do this with a rental car for work once. Watched him for like 10 minutes trying to figure out why it wouldn't open. It was a 300. I had ours pulled up front at the hotel and he saw a similar looking rental where we normally parked ours. LOL, hilarious to watch.

Sent from my iPad 3G