Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Adding Chrome (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/adding-chrome-37836.html)

mprivi 02-24-2012 09:47 AM

Adding Chrome / swap

Hey guys... I know alot of you are trying to de-chrome your trucks. However my wife got a laredo x and likes the chrome handles/mirrors of the limited. Has anyone used one of those 3m chrome kits they sell on ebay that just stick over the current handles/mirrors?

Also a possible swap would be great. In the NY/NJ/LI area. Stock color of the truck is Stone white.

moosehead 02-24-2012 09:55 AM

Re: Adding Chrome

Mprivi, you should post up your body colored mirror caps for a no cost trade with one of our Overland members. Suggest doing so here and in the classifieds.

There will be plenty takers and your wife will have a nice looking set vs stick on junk.

mprivi 02-24-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosehead (Post 580488)
Mprivi, you should post up your body colored mirror caps for a no cost trade with one of our Overland members. Suggest doing so here and in the classifieds.

There will be plenty takers and your wife will have a nice looking set vs stick on junk.

Thanks for the info.... Its Stone White. I'll also post in the classifieds. Local swap in NY would be perfect.

JEEP SMC 02-28-2012 07:45 AM

I have a stone white lardo and I just put them on last night. I love how they look, but grabbing the handle feels cheap now. It sits atop of the exisiting so there is some space between the chrome plastic and the handle. You'd never know from looking at it. Im not 100% going to keep them on. Will give it a week to grow on me.

mprivi 02-28-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEEP SMC (Post 582932)
I have a stone white lardo and I just put them on last night. I love how they look, but grabbing the handle feels cheap now. It sits atop of the exisiting so there is some space between the chrome plastic and the handle. You'd never know from looking at it. Im not 100% going to keep them on. Will give it a week to grow on me.

Thanks for the review. Still up in the air about it the ebay ones and changing the actual handles look to be a lot of work for such a little cosmetic change.

JEEP SMC 02-29-2012 09:32 AM

so its only been 2 days since i put them on, but i love the look. i think its the perfect amount of chrome. i dont have the mirrors chromed and i think it looks real sharp. will be keeping them on.

mprivi 02-29-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEEP SMC (Post 583608)
so its only been 2 days since i put them on, but i love the look. i think its the perfect amount of chrome. i dont have the mirrors chromed and i think it looks real sharp. will be keeping them on.

Thanks for the update.