Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/)
-   -   Wheel Help.... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/wheel-help-37887.html)

dsemtff 02-25-2012 02:50 AM

Wheel Help....

Ok, first I know that I could search around and probably find the info, but due to bandwidth restrictions here in Afghanistan its easier just to ask. I want to get rubicon wheels and tires to put on my wifes 05 grand cherokee limited when I get home. Ordering a 2 inch spacer lift.

Will that tire/wheel combo fit with no spacers or other modifications?

thanks

kungpaogogo 02-25-2012 04:30 AM

Re: Wheel Help....

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsemtff (Post 581063)
Ok, first I know that I could search around and probably find the info, but due to bandwidth restrictions here in Afghanistan its easier just to ask. I want to get rubicon wheels and tires to put on my wifes 05 grand cherokee limited when I get home. Ordering a 2 inch spacer lift.

Will that tire/wheel combo fit with no spacers or other modifications?

thanks

Just went through this entire ordeal. I have a 2007 WK. I have been looking all over for wheels and tires to go with my HD OME lift.

The stock WK wheels 05-10 are 50.8mm offset and it is very difficult to find very many aftermarket wheels with offsets high enough to keep the wheels and tires from sticking out 2-2.5 inches past the fender.

You can always go with Pintler AEV's that have the correct offset and can accomodate 285 width wheels. What you are looking for ideally if not sticking out past the fenders is important to you is finding a wheel with a +25 to +35mm offset.

After only finding a handful of options, I decided to forgo the aftermarket route.

I just scored some brand new Rubicons and 255/75/17's. For the 2007-2010 models, a slight caliper change will make it necessary to run 1/4" wheel spacers or to grind the calipers down.

Being a 2005, my understanding is that JK wheels will go right on with no mods necessary. The Rubicons are 44mm offset translating to just under 7mm travel outward.

Hoorah!

Hope this helps.

paroxysym 09-04-2012 09:03 PM

speaking of pintlers... the JK spec pintlers. is the offset on those too much for a WK? i am loving the matte black, but the offset is +10mm, backspacing 5.2"

Duff Daddy 09-04-2012 09:29 PM

Subscribed

mpgumby 09-05-2012 06:50 PM

I'm in Afghanistan too and just bought a set of Rubicon wheels. I have a 2" lift and 1.5" spacers with the stock sized tires, for now, and should have no problem based on the research I've done. I got all 5 wheels for 100.00 off craigslist that they guy wanted gone because he got new wheels as soon as he got his JK and they've been taking up space the whole time. Keep an eye out and you can score too. Luckily, I'm going home in a few weeks and will be able to takes pics so you can see if you'd like.