Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   05 WK Lost FOB Key Program Again (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/05-wk-lost-fob-key-program-again-37897.html)

Chaoul1 02-25-2012 08:30 AM

05 WK Lost FOB Key Program Again

Last night at about 11:30Pm after bowling, I walked up to my Jeep and tried to unlock it and it wouldn't unlock. This was the newest Key I had because this happened to me before. I didn't have any tools to try and unplug the battery and attempt to reset it, but now it's stuck at the bowling alley just sitting there while I'm at work right now.

This is really pissing me off since this is the second time. I've gone through 2 keys right now. Whats up with Jeeps losing their memory?

Anyway, I'll try after work and see if unpluging the battery will actually work and see if the Jeep will remember the Key.

I tried doing the key dance, but I wasn't able to. Very frustrating. Luckily I was able to get a ride back home and have a car to go to work this morning.

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-25-2012 02:31 PM

Re: 05 WK Lost FOB Key Program Again

Are you sure it wasnt just the fob battery?

Chaoul1 02-25-2012 06:03 PM

It's a new battery in the new Key FOB. I just called my dad and he replaced all the batteries in all three keys and now is going to see if it works.

If not then I'll have to figure a way to get it back home or just get it towed. The first time this happened it was at home, so I wasn't as worried. I have AAA and they will tow it free for 100 miles. I'll be back with an update soon.

Chaoul1 02-25-2012 09:21 PM

Got the Jeep started up and it's sitting at home now.

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-25-2012 10:55 PM

Did it just start up or did you fix something?

Chaoul1 02-26-2012 09:35 AM

When I got there I unplugged the battery and plugged it back in and it didn't work and the alarm went off.

Then I unplugged it again andplugged it back in and unlocked the car again and the alarm went off and I started it up and it was fine. It's just sitting in front of my house now.

The key FOB still doesn't work when I try to unlock or lock it so I have to keep it unlocked. I'm bringing it into the dealership on Monday.

BTW I replaced all the Key Fob's batteries.

lll2for3lll 02-26-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaoul1 (Post 581645)
When I got there I unplugged the battery and plugged it back in and it didn't work and the alarm went off.

Then I unplugged it again andplugged it back in and unlocked the car again and the alarm went off and I started it up and it was fine. It's just sitting in front of my house now.

The key FOB still doesn't work when I try to unlock or lock it so I have to keep it unlocked. I'm bringing it into the dealership on Monday.

BTW I replaced all the Key Fob's batteries.

Thank God you live in Fairfax.

Chaoul1 02-26-2012 10:23 AM

Gated Community FTW!

lll2for3lll 02-26-2012 10:33 AM

I love Fairfax. Especially due to being near the last Metro stop in VA.

Chaoul1 02-26-2012 10:54 AM

Move up here and with my Key FOB issues!

lll2for3lll 02-26-2012 10:55 AM

I almost did. Didn't work out like I wanted it to.

2005JGC 02-27-2012 02:23 PM

mine has done this 2 times in the 1.5 yrs I have owned it. Once to me (no biggie) I put the key in the ignition and cycled the ignition and the alarm went off, the other was to my wife in her parents neighborhood where it went off for like 20 minutes (according to her) while her and her dad figured out how to shut it off.

If cycling the key in the ignition doesnt work then your looking at likely the WCM (wireless control module), These come in waves at the dealership, dont see them for a while then 3 or 4 of them get towed in over a month.