Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Delivery Checklist? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/delivery-checklist-37918.html)

jcnaranjo 02-25-2012 06:31 PM

Delivery Checklist?

It looks like I will be taking delivery of my Mineral gray SRT8 in a few weeks. I put together a small acceptance check-list based on what I have read here on the SRT8 WK2 forum and my personal experiences with my 2011 Summit.

1. Fender Flairs Allign and are not coming unglued.

2. Rear Hatch Glass is properly alligned and glue on hinges is not coming off (had this happen on my Summit)

3. Check that the seat stitching is intact.

4. Mopar Pedals are on right side up.

5. Drive the vehicle in tight 8's and reverse to ensure there is no grinding noise. (TC)

6. Make sure vehicle does not pull to one side or another (Alignment).

7. Make sure Side view mirrors are not blurry.

Please feel free to add your .02

HD Guy 02-25-2012 08:56 PM

Re: Delivery Checklist?

Only make the pre-payment final exterior inspection outdoors on a bright day. Never ever inspect at night or in the rain as it may hide defects, scratches, etc.

I've seen one with messed up wnidow rubber moldings on the doors. Inspect all window moldings during your inspection

jcnaranjo 02-25-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HD Guy (Post 581405)
Only make the pre-payment final exterior inspection outdoors on a bright day. Never ever inspect at night or in the rain as it may hide defects, scratches, etc.

I've seen one with messed up wnidow rubber moldings on the doors. Inspect all window moldings during your inspection

Thanks!

mpetuch 02-26-2012 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HD Guy (Post 581405)

I've seen one with messed up window rubber moldings on the doors. Inspect all window moldings during your inspection

Anyone else notice the window molding issue? I have noticed it a couple times on mine when the windows have been down and I've put them back up and they get a bit deformed or drag with the window going back in the up position.

Let me know,
Matt

Kadonny 02-27-2012 01:16 PM

A bit off topic, but. Re: The alignment issue. I always have the dealer align the car before delivery, but with the SRT8 they told me the tires won't fit on their machine because they are too large. Has anyone else heard this? Where will I need to go for alignment then?

Uncle Paul 02-27-2012 02:08 PM

Never going to get a better alignment than the one that comes from the factory.

sjones14580 02-27-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Paul (Post 582458)
Never going to get a better alignment than the one that comes from the factory.

That scares me because I test drove a new srt8 and it pulled hard. Distracted me from feeling the vehicle for what it was. That was the first drive it had.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

chiscoe@msn.com 02-27-2012 07:38 PM

check the paint as best you can. mine has all kinds of defects.

sjones14580 02-27-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiscoe@msn.com (Post 582655)
check the paint as best you can. mine has all kinds of defects.

Such as? Pics?

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-27-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kadonny (Post 582411)
A bit off topic, but. Re: The alignment issue. I always have the dealer align the car before delivery, but with the SRT8 they told me the tires won't fit on their machine because they are too large. Has anyone else heard this? Where will I need to go for alignment then?

I have 315 on the rear and never had a problem getting an alignment

chiscoe@msn.com 02-28-2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjones14580 (Post 582667)
Such as? Pics?

I'll Load some pics a little later. There is a dimple on the roof. Paint on the door Window edge has blotches under the clear coat. Deep hair line scratch on the portion of the fender that meets the windshield. Paint touched up by the Grand Cherokee Logo on the drivers door. Last but not least a scuff on the rim about 4 inches long. All from the factory (Or dealer induced).

mpetuch 03-01-2012 06:41 AM

My dealer was able to do the alignment without a problem, problem solved after that. There are definitely paint issues with the vehicles little minor blemishes, some in the primer coat, others in the clearcoat and what looks like a seam in the front wheel flares that looks like cracking/flexing? Anyone notice chipping in the finish on their wheels? I only have 2500 miles on the vehicle and its always clean and rarely driven in bad weather I just don't get it. I'll get some pictures of everything the next time I have it out.

Have fun,

Matt