Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   LXHarness (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f159/)
-   -   WK console lights new member NO "PM" access yet (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f159/wk-console-lights-new-member-no-pm-access-yet-37934.html)

68 Scout 02-25-2012 10:56 PM

WK console lights new member NO "PM" access yet

Diboblo, Please email me, the "contact" feature on your website is not enabled, I'm a new member without access to the PM feature. I have an 06 WK JGC and the lights are out on the info center bar (trip, mileage, etc), climate control assembly, and the bar below it w/heat warmers, pedal adjuster, traction control.

How much $ to change ALL the bulbs? Do you use bulbs or LED's? If using LED's do you add resistors? If you install bulbs are they longer life than the stock ones? Are extra bulbs available for separate sale so I have extras on hand? How long in days for turnaround as this is my only vehicle and living in N.J. we experience all types of weather? Please include your contact info and tel#. Note: I can't contact you through your website, the "Contact" feature on your end isn't "enabled".

I'm 48 and a bus/coach/diesel mechanic (now working foreman) since age 18 and can't for the life of me understand Mopars reason for making these lights unserviceable. All I know is every 4x4 I had since starting to drive in '81 has paled in comparison to my first ride a 1968 International Scout 4x4 with four cylinder and front hubs that had to be engaged at the wheel. Thanks, 68 Scout.

You can email me direct at R Z 350 X 2 at yahoo dot com

To those in the know, "YES" I did own one of those rice rocket Kenny Roberts Specials, an '85 Yamaha RZ350 (two stroke) lighter then it's competitors (aftermarket exhaust/shock) and so blindingly fast it could stand straight up in all six gears with just a flick of the wrist. The cylinders were bored .030 and I installed the one piece power valves.

lll2for3lll 02-25-2012 10:58 PM

Re: WK console lights new member NO "PM" access yet

You need over 10 post to PM him. Keep posting. :) You'll get there.

68 Scout 02-25-2012 11:02 PM

I can't see posting crap or inane drivel just to gain access to PM feature it may upset other members. I posted on his page where vendors advertise their services since the "contact" feature on his website hasn't been "enabled".

lll2for3lll 02-25-2012 11:04 PM

I think it's to prevent spamming bots which is a very good thing. I haven't seen any spamming post nor PM's since I've been a member which has been a long time.

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-25-2012 11:05 PM

Yep, ot eliminates spammers. Just post a few welcomes in the new members forum. When you get to twn posts you will be able to pm

lll2for3lll 02-25-2012 11:07 PM

Either way...he is on here a lot. He'll see this thread.

68 Scout 02-25-2012 11:50 PM

I'm seeing conflicting info on this site as well as others as to whether the climate control, info center bar, and lower heat warmer/traction control lower bar light bulbs on my '06 Grand Cherokee Laredo are serviceable or not.

In preparation I purchased a pack of ten (10) PC-74 bulbs, I need to know whether I bought the correct bulbs. I have no problem replacing the bulbs in the future if they burn out it's just that I hate working with a soldering iron close to circuitry where a small glob of solder can damage the electronics should I choose to install LEDs.

The PC-74 bulbs I bought already have the plastic bases on the bottom.

lll2for3lll 02-25-2012 11:53 PM

They are just going to burn out again. Just like light bulbs.

And if you're not comfortable with soldering......you might not want to attempt. The board has very small soldering points/terminals.

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-25-2012 11:53 PM

Why do you keep posting the same thing in multiple places?

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-25-2012 11:54 PM

Just get your ten posts and pm bob, it is not a simple job and his leds will not blow out

Scottina06 02-26-2012 12:14 AM

FYI-you just need 5 posts. I changed it a couple months ago, I agree...10 posts are crazy!

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-26-2012 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 581522)
FYI-you just need 5 posts. I changed it a couple months ago, I agree...10 posts are crazy!

:thumbsup: ten was alot!