Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   How to turn ON the DRL LED's at night ? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/how-to-turn-on-the-drl-leds-at-night-37947.html)

EviL 02-26-2012 09:37 AM

How to turn ON the DRL LED's at night ?
 
well ive seen a couple of youtube short films regarding the SRT8,

when the light control is tilted to the maximum right ( clock wise )

the car lights are ON in addition to the LED's

well... my problem is that i can turn the lights on but for some reason

i dont know how to turn ON the lights with the LED's

assistance needed

cmk74 02-26-2012 06:00 PM

Re: How to turn ON the DRL LED's at night ?
 
I'm pretty sure the led's com on when you are in gear.

EviL 02-26-2012 11:04 PM

Re: How to turn ON the DRL LED's at night ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmk74 (Post 581918)
I'm pretty sure the led's com on when you are in gear.


I mean the same picture as the banner of this website ( red SRT8 2012 )

are you saying they come on when shifting to D?

Scottina06 02-27-2012 12:26 AM

Re: How to turn ON the DRL LED's at night ?
 
the lighting in the banner red SRT has been added to enhance the banner

EviL 02-27-2012 06:26 AM

Re: How to turn ON the DRL LED's at night ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 582132)
the lighting in the banner red SRT has been added to enhance the banner


so its a visual lie isnt it :p

EviL 02-27-2012 07:27 AM

Re: How to turn ON the DRL LED's at night ?
 
well.. alot here have SRT's

and not one of them managed to have an answer...

hmmmm...

i took the initiative to search up the manual thanks to Scottina :)

and found out that LED's go on at night when you are NOT on parking

i think it means that i have to have the gear on DRIVE to have the lights on.

didnt try it yet

did any one have this inquiry

12Jeep 02-27-2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EviL (Post 582201)
well.. alot here have SRT's

and not one of them managed to have an answer...

hmmmm...

i took the initiative to search up the manual thanks to Scottina :)

and found out that LED's go on at night when you are NOT on parking

i think it means that i have to have the gear on DRIVE to have the lights on.

didnt try it yet

did any one have this inquiry

Yes, you are correct. The LED DRLs come on once you put the car in D when the headlights are not on.

EviL 02-27-2012 01:42 PM

Re: How to turn ON the DRL LED's at night ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 12Jeep (Post 582215)
Yes, you are correct. The LED DRLs come on once you put the car in D when the headlights are not on.


the question here is,

is it possible for the LEDS to be ON when the headlights are ON as well?

johnpassantino1 02-27-2012 02:06 PM

Re: How to turn ON the DRL LED's at night ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by EviL (Post 582439)
the question here is,

is it possible for the LEDS to be ON when the headlights are ON as well?


My LED's stay on when the headlights come on but are dimmed a little. Hope this helps.

EviL 02-27-2012 03:14 PM

Re: How to turn ON the DRL LED's at night ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnpassantino1 (Post 582456)
My LED's stay on when the headlights come on but are dimmed a little. Hope this helps.

well it does help... but the question is how do you know when they are ON

the manual claims that LEDS dont come on until your in the DRIVE

well.. i tried everything today and doesnt seem that it works. when the head lights are ON

but if you wana help me you can tell me when u have ur headlights on and the LEDS are dimmed

what light mode are you in ( the complete right one or the AUTO ? ).

Scottina06 02-27-2012 03:19 PM

Re: How to turn ON the DRL LED's at night ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by EviL (Post 582179)
so its a visual lie isnt it :p


:thumbsup::lol::D:eek:

johnpassantino1 02-27-2012 03:37 PM

Re: How to turn ON the DRL LED's at night ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by EviL (Post 582501)
well it does help... but the question is how do you know when they are ON

the manual claims that LEDS dont come on until your in the DRIVE

well.. i tried everything today and doesnt seem that it works. when the head lights are ON

but if you wana help me you can tell me when u have ur headlights on and the LEDS are dimmed

what light mode are you in ( the complete right one or the AUTO ? ).

For me it works for both Auto (when the sensor turns the headlights on) and all the way to the right setting. I wouldn't think this would be different on the export vehicle but maybe it is. That is something I know nothing about but maybe someone else does.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community