Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Keyless fob Guy problem..need solutions (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/keyless-fob-guy-problem-need-solutions-37954.html)

ibcenu 02-26-2012 12:38 PM

Keyless fob problem..need solutions

Might sound weird, but I'm guessing I'm not the only one that has this issue??
Ok, the whole idea is great with keyless.
What I can't stand?... I do not like carrying keys in my pocket while I drive. Will be more so this summer when wearing short's etc. In a normal car...keys go in the ignition. Easy to find..no digging round fumbling thru pockets and I guess girls might have same issue putting them in a purse?
Anyway yes, cup holder works unless drinks are in them...next they get tossed on the passenger seat where they slide off when hitting the brake..or u forget they are there and someone sits on them. Most the time I forget where they are/ where they slid off to, and while exiting the car, do not realize there still in the car until it won't lock.
What am I looking for? A place to put the keys while driving that's convenient and has class. That leaves out the center console or a cheap 3m hook on the dash to hang them. Any ideas?...thanks!

GMLCountry 02-26-2012 08:18 PM

Re: Keyless fob problem..need solutions

You could remove the ignition button and use the key to start the car.

bmrisko 02-27-2012 06:50 AM

Re: Keyless fob Guy problem..need solutions

Why not top compartment in center console or space w/ flip door in front of the cup holders and shifter?

tnjeep 02-27-2012 06:57 AM

Re: Keyless fob problem..need solutions

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMLCountry (Post 581976)
You could remove the ignition button and use the key to start the car.

:thumbsup:+1

77Cherokee 02-27-2012 12:12 PM

I keep my fob hanging on a belt clip. I didn't like it in my pocket either but I don't want to forget about it and leave it in the Jeep. I almost never have to take it off the belt clip, and it never gets in the way. Also, no accidental button pressing.

Tybalt39 02-27-2012 08:34 PM

My Fobik fits very nicely in the coin pocket of my jeans. In dress slacks, it fits in the additional pocket hidden in the front pocket. Unfortunately that is where I normally would have my phone (unless wearing a jacket/suit-coat)....

Eric67 02-28-2012 09:17 AM

I bought the ash tray for the cup holder to put my keyfob in. Still one empty cupholder left.

Robey5 02-29-2012 05:22 PM

In the event that I have jeans on that are too tight for keys (note: "pockets of resistance") - I put the keys in the door handle pocket on the drivers side door. Since this area does not require a hook, and is convenient for me to grab 'em as I leave the truck (upon door entry) it seems to make a certain amount of sense.

HEMI Army 02-29-2012 07:09 PM

Where do you put your wallet?

Snipe315 02-29-2012 07:42 PM

I use the cup holder closest to the dash.

Ratchet 03-01-2012 08:16 AM

Being I completely hate having anything in my pockets..... I use a small carbiner style clip to secure the Fob to an available belt loop. If I will be driving for an extended period, carbiner/fob get placed in the drivers door grab handle area so when I exit the vehicle, I won't forget to grab it.