Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Extra Dealer incentive (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/extra-dealer-incentive-37956.html)

rockrash 02-26-2012 01:36 PM

Extra Dealer incentive

I just received in the mail a $500 Private post card offer from Chrysler on top of existing $1000 incentive from my local dealer. It states that it can only be used with the persons name on the post card. Has anyone else got this or a dealer scam?

plynn7 02-26-2012 03:57 PM

Re: Extra Dealer incentive

If it's from Chrysler, then it's legit. I got one back in 2010 right before I bought my 2011 Overland.

BioCRD 02-26-2012 09:29 PM

I think it's real. Get this: The dealer told ME that Chrysler had mailed it to me.
The postcard, or whatever it was, I had likely tossed out as junkmail.
(I already had a Jeep, and somehow the sales guy was able to look this mailing up).

Got an extra $500 off, when I picked up the Grand Cherokee! (Dec '11)

Jdsmitty10 02-26-2012 10:15 PM

man, how do I go about getting this mailed to me? haha..and extra 500 off my order would be great!..just signed up for a brochure on jeeps website. If i remember right, I had them send me a brochure for the 2011s and with it was a coupon of similar sorts.. so hopefully they send me one with a coupon before I pick up my jeep in late march early april..

Jeepgirl1734 02-26-2012 10:33 PM

I got this same mailing. I ordered my Jeep on Feb 8th and I dont pick it up until March 2nd. Should I still qualify for the $500? I received this mailing a couple days ago. That would be so wonderful if so. This doesnt come out of the dealer's profit does it so I cant see why my dealership would not honor it.

rockrash 02-27-2012 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plynn7 (Post 581863)
If it's from Chrysler, then it's legit. I got one back in 2010 right before I bought my 2011 Overland.

The postal stamp paid Chrysler Group LLC and the other top side Jeep
PO Box 5076 Troy MI the one thing that has me
suspicious is that their is my neighborhood dealer in the middle of the post card with their address. Why would they have one dealer on the card? Just doesn't look real.

rockrash 02-27-2012 07:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockrash (Post 582184)
PO Box 5076 Troy MI the one thing that has me
suspicious is that their is my neighborhood dealer in the middle of the post card with their address. Why would they have one dealer on the card? Just doesn't look real.

This is what it looks like

jeepgrady 02-27-2012 08:15 AM

They just list the dealer that is closest to you, however, you can use it at any dealer.

plynn7 02-27-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockrash (Post 582184)
PO Box 5076 Troy MI the one thing that has me suspicious is that their is my neighborhood dealer in the middle of the post card with their address. Why would they have one dealer on the card? Just doesn't look real.

I receive mailings all the time from Chrysler for coupons, such as 10% off and $19.99 oil change coupons. They come from Chrysler but have your local dealer on them. They are legit and can be used at any dealer. The oil change coupon I get has the dealer I purchased the Jeep from on it, but I use it at the dealer that is closer to me.

rockrash 02-27-2012 09:04 AM

Thanks for quick reply's. Would i be able to use this after negotiations the games ?

Pat@FieldsAuto 02-27-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockrash (Post 582235)
Thanks for quick reply's. Would i be able to use this after negotiations the games ?

Yes you can use it at the end of negotiations. As stated above the salesperson can look it up to see if you received the TDM(targeted direct mail).

You do need to read the fine print, it does have an expiration date and you do have to take delivery of the new Jeep before the expiration. Even though it's in your name, it can be used for anyone in the same household/address.

Jeepgirl1734 02-27-2012 10:49 AM

Pat,

The dealer has nothing to lose by accepting this offer does he? No cost to the dealer? I ordered mine Feb 8th and it comes in March 2nd and the card says we must take retail delivery by May31st and that we have not leased or purchased the vehicle before receiving the mailing. So do you think we are good on receiving this offer? This would be wonderful to receive and would buy many accessories for my new Overland :thumbsup:
Thanks for your help...we all appreciate it!