Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Color poll and pros/cons of each (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/color-poll-and-pros-cons-of-each-37958.html)

ibcenu 02-26-2012 02:03 PM

Color poll and pros/cons of each

I know color is personal preference and am not here to start best color wars or flames. Please vote for what color you drive / want to have or your favorite and post back any pro's or cons of the color of your choice.

I'll start. had stone white. Pro's - looks good. Cons- hard to keep clean, shows a lot of dust/dirt and scratches
I now have Mineral Gray - Pros- looks good - Cons...at this time had 2 days so I can not comment

Post pics in you have them! thanks

Colors choice in the poll was from cars.com, so sorry if I missed any or if incorrect.. hmm just checked another web site and seems I missed Maximum Steel Metallic Clearcoat... any way for mods to add to poll? Thanks

Ashton 02-26-2012 08:01 PM

Re: Color poll and pros/cons of each

Missed Maximum Steel. Was going to be my color, but it has been hell finding one equipped like I want it through my dealer and they are having trouble doing a dealer trade for one. (Best friend runs the dealership and is getting me at cost) Overland 4x4 5.7L ORII Saddle.

So I'm going with my second color choice that the owner is using as a driver. Mineral Grey Overland Summit 4x4 5.7L ORII Engine Heater. Why anyone ordered one with an engine heater in Texas I have no idea, but that's how it's equipped.

Pros - Looks good. If it is like other grey cars I've had it will not look dirty easily.
Cons - Can't think of any.

My ideal is a clean and polished black car. Absolutely love the way they look. I've had two. In my care they never stay clean and polished. I've learned my lesson.

frog_a_lot 02-26-2012 08:06 PM

True Blue Pearl
Pro - Its a great colour
Con - Everyone is Jealous because its such a great colour :P

GELOverland 02-26-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frog_a_lot (Post 581972)
True Blue Pearl
Pro - Its a great colour
Con - Everyone is Jealous because its such a great colour :P

I also like the true blue. I walked into the dealership only wanting black, and came out with a true blue wk2. I was hell bent on black, but as i walked around the lot, I just felt the blue caught light a bit better, stood out more, but at night it looks black until you come right up on it, which is something I liked. Overall couldn't be happier with the contrast of the saddle and blue :)

Con with any dark color is its tendency to show dirt.

tallguy 02-26-2012 08:21 PM

Black:

Pro: Looks most elegant and classy

Con: Requires regular cleaning (what I do once/week anyways)

rich mac 02-26-2012 09:26 PM

Bright Silver.
Pros: Easy to keep clean; looks good even when moderately dirty.
Cons: Not as flashy when detailed as the dark colors.

padgett 02-26-2012 09:55 PM

Deep Cherry Red -
pro: have had four other new cars a similar color
you really do not want a dark color in Florida summer
every other car you see here is either gray or white

con: sun has been known to really affect reds so will keep garaged & polished when not driving.

aside: was the demonstrator I first drove & wound up buying it. (15 miles on clock)

Jdsmitty10 02-26-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibcenu (Post 581799)
I know color is personal preference and am not here to start best color wars or flames. Please vote for what color you drive / want to have or your favorite and post back any pro's or cons of the color of your choice.

I'll start. had stone white. Pro's - looks good. Cons- hard to keep clean, shows a lot of dust/dirt and scratches
I now have Mineral Gray - Pros- looks good - Cons...at this time had 2 days so I can not comment

Post pics in you have them! thanks

Colors choice in the poll was from cars.com, so sorry if I missed any or if incorrect.. hmm just checked another web site and seems I missed Maximum Steel Metallic Clearcoat... any way for mods to add to poll? Thanks

Thats funny you say white shows dust and scratches...The reason I like white is because you dont see dust and scratches.. To me, dark colors show dust and scratches. Just my opinion tho lol.. For example, my super white tacoma looks clean ALL the time even when its pretty dirty.. and I know where some scratches are on it, but someone who didn't would never find them.. Anyway, my vote is white for easy to keep looking clean and hides dust and scratches hahha...by the way, just ordered stone white, cant wait! almost got mineral gray though.. oh and white you dont see swirls either, which I like..

ColinIllinois 02-27-2012 07:51 AM

Bright Silver:

Pro: As someone else mentioned it hides the dirt well. Also I get a great shine on it using Klasse AIO followed by two coats of the Klasse Sealant Glaze. I've had a lot of compliments on the color.

Con: I spend too much time staring at it.

moosehead 02-27-2012 09:12 AM

Silver is fastest, and chix dig it.

Color Poll From last year below. Reportedly, Black is dominating the 2012 SRT8 distribution.

http://jeepgarage.org/showthread.php?t=20474

craigsplace2k9 02-27-2012 09:41 AM

I just purchased a 2011 Grand Cherokee 70th anniversary edition in bright silver with the hemi and I have had lots of compliments on the overall appearance. The silver also looks good at night too and the color is easy to keep clean. It looks sharp with both the chrome and the black accents. Oh, by the way, I am a new poster so hello everybody!

tnjeep 02-27-2012 09:46 AM

I love the look of a black vehicle when it is cleaned and waxed but they are a pain to keep looking good. I will probably always own a black vehicle (black z71 at the moment) but this makes my wifes second silver because it can get pretty dirty and still look decent. The downside to silver is that it tends to chip easier but that may be a thing of the past since it seems the quality of all shades of paint are going downhill.