Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Pics of installed side steps and tinted windows! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/pics-of-installed-side-steps-and-tinted-windows-37983.html)

JVBW0527 02-26-2012 06:44 PM

Pics of installed side steps and tinted windows!

6 Attachment(s)
Installed the mopar chrome side steps today, also realized i never posted pics after i got the jeep tinted.

Here ya go!

JVBW0527 02-26-2012 06:56 PM

Re: Pics of installed side steps and tinted windows!

2 Attachment(s)
a few more.....

RageOfFury 02-26-2012 07:11 PM

Very nice!:thumbsup:

You had the front windows tinted yes? Any tinting or UV protection added to the windshield?

JVBW0527 02-26-2012 07:34 PM

Thanks! :)

i just got the two front windows tinted, no tint or anything added to the windshield

ckehl2 02-26-2012 07:47 PM

Looks great!

mprivi 02-26-2012 10:05 PM

Did you install the side steps yourself? How was the install?

Jdsmitty10 02-26-2012 10:33 PM

looks real good..just orderd a limited in stone white with 20's...cant wait to get it, cause that looks sweet ... not sure if i am gonna get side steps tho..

JVBW0527 02-27-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mprivi (Post 582050)
Did you install the side steps yourself? How was the install?

yes, my husband and i installed the steps. I was a little worried about how the install would go after looking at the directions.....LOL! But thanks to advice and reading threads from great people on here, the install was so easy! It took about an hour each side. The hardest part is getting everything figured out and getting that first bracket installed, then your like a pro doing the rest of them...:)

mprivi 02-27-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JVBW0527 (Post 582244)
yes, my husband and i installed the steps. I was a little worried about how the install would go after looking at the directions.....LOL! But thanks to advice and reading threads from great people on here, the install was so easy! It took about an hour each side. The hardest part is getting everything figured out and getting that first bracket installed, then your like a pro doing the rest of them...:)

Thanks for the positive answer haha. I'll be trying this soon for my wifes GC. Do you know what threads you used on here for info?

JVBW0527 02-27-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mprivi (Post 582246)
Thanks for the positive answer haha. I'll be trying this soon for my wifes GC. Do you know what threads you used on here for info?

no problem!...:) I actually just did a search for mopar side steps, or even just side steps, and a few threads come up.

I will say this......one thing that came up a few times in the threads was you don't have to remove any plastic rivets or the side sill of the jeep to install the side steps. We took that advice and didn't remove....it is a little tight to work but it was very easy. I would imagine it would be more of a pain to take the side sill off then have to re-install it (seems like an extra uneccesary step)

Joe_Joe 02-28-2012 07:09 PM

Look'n good!!!

JVBW0527 02-29-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe_Joe (Post 583282)
Look'n good!!!

Thanks! :D