Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Wrangler-JK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f89/)
-   -   My First Time Taking the Jeep Off Road (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f89/my-first-time-taking-the-jeep-off-road-38133.html)

oliver_jeep 02-29-2012 07:35 PM

My First Time Taking the Jeep Off Road

I just got my new 2012 Jeep Unlimited. I took it out to my woods today. Its nothing extreme by far but it was fun. Here are some pics for everyone.
http://jeepgarage.org/album.php?albumid=175

Pat@FieldsAuto 02-29-2012 09:26 PM

Re: My First Time Taking the Jeep Off Road

Nice, I did the same thing with mine on Sunday. Like you nothing extreme, but I had a blast. I can't wait to learn and experience some real hard core stuff.

withay 02-29-2012 09:44 PM

Very cool! Any "new first timer" advice for things you didn't expect, to someone who hasn't done this yet?

Broomecar 02-29-2012 10:07 PM

:thumbsup:You beat me "Oli" I have yet to put mine in 4wheel drive. Hope to this weekend. It looks really good. Nice shots. Don't you love that new Jeep smell.

Broomecar 02-29-2012 10:11 PM

Withhay, I used to live in Foxboro. Are you waiting on a Jeep to be built?

oliver_jeep 03-01-2012 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by withay (Post 584149)
Very cool! Any "new first timer" advice for things you didn't expect, to someone who hasn't done this yet?

I'm used to old beaters that I take back to my woods so honestly its hard to gauge things. This jeep makes EVERYTHING so smooth and easy. I'm still getting used to the clutch so that's the only thing getting me. I killed it once by not giving it enough gas up a hill but that's why I start small so I don't do it on something Ill regret lol. Otherwise I Just took it slow even though the mud was only 6" deep I wanted to get the feeling down.

oliver_jeep 03-01-2012 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broomecar (Post 584156)
:thumbsup:You beat me "Oli" I have yet to put mine in 4wheel drive. Hope to this weekend. It looks really good. Nice shots. Don't you love that new Jeep smell.

I figured I better at least make sure it works! My wife hates any strong smells even when she isn't pregnant so I tried airing the jeep out as best as I could. However I personally savor it lol.

withay 03-01-2012 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broomecar (Post 584158)
Withhay, I used to live in Foxboro. Are you waiting on a Jeep to be built?

Yep, ordered yesterday! Check my intro thread for stats. I can't wait!

Broomecar 03-01-2012 08:19 AM

Awesome Withay...well Oliver "Oli" as our Australian friend calls him and I, are pretty good with tracking advice as are bosqueth and BobT. We will keep your spirits up while you wait. It's really not bad just the last week or 2 are the worst. I compare it to a kid waiting to open presents on Christmas Morning x 10.

Don't forget that when it is done request your build sheets from Milous.

How awesome...another Jeep to wait on. :D

Oliver I wish I had a spot like you do to try out 4-wheel. I too noticed the clutch seems really high...is this standard or do we need to get it adjusted?

oliver_jeep 03-01-2012 08:44 AM

The clutch on mine is much different than other vehicles I've had. I will say it seems high and it starts quick but I am getting used to it and I really like the feel of it.

oliver_jeep 03-01-2012 01:21 PM

Got my running boards in today!

bosquemdh 03-01-2012 08:20 PM

Alright I now have some time and want to show y'all my jeep, but excuse my ignorance on this one. How do I upload pictures?