Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Do I have HID installed ? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/do-i-have-hid-installed-38150.html)

yshoef 03-01-2012 09:33 AM

Do I have HID installed ?
 
Bought a second hand GC Laredo 70 anni. 2011 and the headlights color is quite white compared to the usual plain halogen yellow warm light.
Wondering how to tell without opening the screws whether they are HIDs or just white colored lumps, .
Another point I have noticed: On start up, the light intensity reaches its maximum after 5-10 seconds and not immediately.
Thanks.

SixZeroFour 03-01-2012 10:16 AM

Re: Do I have HID installed ?
 
If you have HID the outside most bulb in the headlights will be a projector style lense and the inner bulb will have the tiny chrome jeep grill/reflector. If they are halogen they are both reflector style lights and the outside light will have the mini jeep grill.

Tybalt39 03-01-2012 12:23 PM

Re: Do I have HID installed ?
 
I could be wrong, but IIRC, the HID offering started with the Limited.

If you have factory HIDs, when you start the vehicle, the headlights will "bob" (lower, then raise: self-leveling).

Justal13 03-01-2012 12:47 PM

Re: Do I have HID installed ?
 
http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2_2011_features.htm

No, HID's were not available on the 2011 GC 70th Anniversary Model.

bmrisko 03-01-2012 12:50 PM

Re: Do I have HID installed ?
 
There is a chance the previous owner swapped an aftermarket HID kit into the stock halogen housings.

LeCheese 03-01-2012 06:09 PM

Re: Do I have HID installed ?
 
I'm pretty sure the 70th anniversary is based on the limited, so you should have them. I own one and do so...

RoMe2 03-01-2012 09:54 PM

Re: Do I have HID installed ?
 
Snap a picture of the headlights when they are on and when they are off. Post it here and we will be able to tell you if you have them or not. Will also be able to tell you if you have HID's in the stock headlights or if you have HID's in the projector headlights.

jgc4ever 03-01-2012 11:06 PM

Re: Do I have HID installed ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeCheese (Post 584696)
I'm pretty sure the 70th anniversary is based on the limited, so you should have them. I own one and do so...

In most countrys, yes and including having HIDs (I think), but in the U.S. it's based on Laredo X and does not have HID headlights from the factory.

Justal13 03-02-2012 12:05 PM

Re: Do I have HID installed ?
 
The 70th Anniversary model was an option package based on the Laredo X (if you had checked my previous post above with a link to the specs). HID lights were not available even as an option, so the only way yours would be HID is if the previous owner did a DIY install:


2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee 70th Anniversary Edition
The U.S. MSRP of the Jeep Grand Cherokee 70th Anniversary Edition is $35,770 for 2WD and $37,770 for 4WD, (plus $780 destination). It is available on Grand Cherokee Laredo X models. Features include:
  • Unique, polished 20-inch aluminum wheel with Mineral Gray pockets
  • 70th Anniversary badge
  • Dark Olive leather seats with perforated inserts with Chestnut accent stitching and piping
  • Black/Dark Olive with Chestnut accents is also available
  • Door bolster and armrest in Dark Olive and wrapped with Chestnut accent stitching
  • Center console in Dark Olive perforated leather wrapped with Chestnut accent stitching
  • Black leather wrapped steering wheel with Chestnut accent stitching
  • Berber floor mats with Chestnut binding
  • New satin chrome-plated, graphite anodized paint and Black Lacewood interior finish
  • Unique cluster overlay and needles
  • 70th Anniversary logo on radio screen
  • Exterior colors: Bronze Star Pearl Coat, Brilliant Black Pearl Coat and Bright Silver Metallic
  • Also available interior - Black/Black with Chestnut accents
  • 70th Anniversary package MSRP = $5,555.00.
Grand Cherokee 70th Anniversary Edition options: 5.7L HEMI $1495
ENGINE BLOCK HEATER $50
MEDIA CENTER 430N CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV $395
MOPAR CHROME EDITION GROUP $995
OFF-ROAD ADVENTURE I $950
POWER SUNROOF $850
TRAILER TOW GROUP (w/3.6L) $595
TRAILER TOW GROUP IV (w/5.6L) $695

jgc4ever 03-02-2012 04:39 PM

Re: Do I have HID installed ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Justal13 (Post 585107)
The 70th Anniversary model was an option package based on the Laredo X (if you had checked my previous post above with a link to the specs). HID lights were not available even as an option, so the only way yours would be HID is if the previous owner did a DIY install:


2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee 70th Anniversary Edition

The U.S. MSRP of the Jeep Grand Cherokee 70th Anniversary Edition is $35,770 for 2WD and $37,770 for 4WD, (plus $780 destination). It is available on Grand Cherokee Laredo X models. Features include:
  • Unique, polished 20-inch aluminum wheel with Mineral Gray pockets
  • 70th Anniversary badge
  • Dark Olive leather seats with perforated inserts with Chestnut accent stitching and piping
  • Black/Dark Olive with Chestnut accents is also available
  • Door bolster and armrest in Dark Olive and wrapped with Chestnut accent stitching
  • Center console in Dark Olive perforated leather wrapped with Chestnut accent stitching
  • Black leather wrapped steering wheel with Chestnut accent stitching
  • Berber floor mats with Chestnut binding
  • New satin chrome-plated, graphite anodized paint and Black Lacewood interior finish
  • Unique cluster overlay and needles
  • 70th Anniversary logo on radio screen
  • Exterior colors: Bronze Star Pearl Coat, Brilliant Black Pearl Coat and Bright Silver Metallic
  • Also available interior - Black/Black with Chestnut accents
  • 70th Anniversary package MSRP = $5,555.00.
Grand Cherokee 70th Anniversary Edition options: 5.7L HEMI $1495
ENGINE BLOCK HEATER $50
MEDIA CENTER 430N CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV $395
MOPAR CHROME EDITION GROUP $995
OFF-ROAD ADVENTURE I $950
POWER SUNROOF $850
TRAILER TOW GROUP (w/3.6L) $595
TRAILER TOW GROUP IV (w/5.6L) $695

In the United States like I said above.

Scottina06 03-02-2012 04:59 PM

Re: Do I have HID installed ?
 
just post a pic of the headlamps and I can tell you in 1 second

xJoshxx 03-02-2012 06:41 PM

Re: Do I have HID installed ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 585341)
just post a pic of the headlamps and I can tell you in 1 second

x2


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community