Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/)
-   -   Rola roof rack owners (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/rola-roof-rack-owners-38287.html)

Redpit 03-03-2012 07:46 PM

Rola roof rack owners

Ok so I'm starting my planning for vacation. Driving 300 miles to Ocean City, MD. I need to buy something to hold luggage, as the inside will be filled with my kid and dogs. So my question is do you think this rack will be good for holding my luggage? How much weight is it rated to hold? Anybody have any experience on long hauls with it, and would you feel confident it could take the trip?

Please tell me that I don't have to buy one of those ugly turtle shell pods you see on minivans, haha.

JonJon 03-04-2012 08:12 PM

Well first off... For the price, nothing touches it. The construction is sturdy and fairly light weight. It will hold up to 130 lb. They sell a bag that goes on the inside that you can fill with all your wife and kid's luggage. You can find everything here, as they are the cheapest you'll find and you'll get it within a couple days.

http://www.etrailer.com/Roof-Cargo-C...ola/59504.html

Hope that helped.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Redpit 03-05-2012 11:42 AM

Re: Rola roof rack owners

Thanks. That bag seems really nice. I didn't even know that existed.

JeepCoop 03-05-2012 12:31 PM

I've used my Rola a bunch of times. Did a nice 6 hour drive w my dogs kennels, and gfs luggage and did an amazing job! I HIGHLY recommend it. And as Jon states, ya can't beat that price. If ya get it, make sure you do the hardware upside down for a more lower profile less noisy (no noise anyways) mount. :thumbsup:

Mr. Boh 03-05-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redpit (Post 586954)
Thanks. That bag seems really nice. I didn't even know that existed.

I would pass on their bag as it is only weather "resistant" which means if it rains on the way to OC, then all your gear will be soaked. Look for something that states its waterproof. I'm probably going to be getting something like this for my Rola once the tax refund comes:
http://www.piggypack.com/website/car...fications.html

Where you staying in OC?

Redpit 03-05-2012 02:48 PM

Nice guys. Thank you for the heads up both of you.

I actually use to live in OC. My family is still fortunate enough to own a nice vacation home just outside of OC. A nice house on the bay on the canals. Bishopville to be exact. I went to Salisbury University and worked at Fagers Island for 6 years as a doorman. I love it down there.

JeepCoop 03-05-2012 03:17 PM

Any time!! I love my rola it's a great addition to any Jeep!

Mr. Boh 03-06-2012 11:05 AM

I actually use to live in OC. My family is still fortunate enough to own a nice vacation home just outside of OC. A nice house on the bay on the canals. Bishopville to be exact. I went to Salisbury University and worked at Fagers Island for 6 years as a doorman. I love it down there.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. My parents have a place in Bethany also on a canal. Its a great place for a free vacation, well outside of entertainment. But Fagers is prob the best bar in OC and a lot my buddies went to Salisbury for lax. You must have had some good times at both places.

Good luck with the Rola, it will do you well.

Madanio24 03-06-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redpit (Post 587087)
Nice guys. Thank you for the heads up both of you.

I actually use to live in OC. My family is still fortunate enough to own a nice vacation home just outside of OC. A nice house on the bay on the canals. Bishopville to be exact. I went to Salisbury University and worked at Fagers Island for 6 years as a doorman. I love it down there.

I go to salisbury right now!

Redpit 03-06-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madanio24 (Post 587958)
I go to salisbury right now!

Nice. I graduated in 03. It was definately an experience I will never forget. The only drawback is our mascot. Sea gulls don't exactly strike fear in people, but we'll crap on you and steal any food you drop, haha.

Boh, Bethany is real nice, though. Younger me would choose OC, and current me would choose Bethany. There are some disgustingly nice houses in Bethany.

Madanio24 03-06-2012 08:23 PM

lol! haha yup

WK05 03-07-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepCoop (Post 586983)
I've used my Rola a bunch of times. Did a nice 6 hour drive w my dogs kennels, and gfs luggage and did an amazing job! I HIGHLY recommend it. And as Jon states, ya can't beat that price. If ya get it, make sure you do the hardware upside down for a more lower profile less noisy (no noise anyways) mount. :thumbsup:

Do you have a write up of this mod? I remember seeing it before but can't find it. I'd really like to see it before I shell out the $200+ for the Rola.