Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Detailing (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f8/)
-   -   Matte Finish Tire Dressing Spray..... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f8/matte-finish-tire-dressing-spray-38437.html)

lll2for3lll 03-06-2012 12:05 PM

Matte Finish Tire Dressing Spray.....
 
Anybody know where I can find a tire dressing with a matte finish? I need it to be in a spray can.

Chaoul1 03-06-2012 12:17 PM

Re: Matte Finish Tire Dressing Spray.....
 
www.Detailedimage.com one of our vendors.

lll2for3lll 03-06-2012 12:40 PM

Re: Matte Finish Tire Dressing Spray.....
 
I know but is there such a tire dressing that's available in a can?

Jeep Trick 03-06-2012 12:46 PM

Re: Matte Finish Tire Dressing Spray.....
 
By spray can do you mean aerosole? I have only found pump spray bottles

I used to use a black majic one I liked but it was discontinued and I have not tried the new one yet http://www.blackmagicshine.com/tires.php

I currently am using one

http://www.surfcitygarage.com/shop/b...black-tire-pro

It was what I could find at the time and have to say it applies a little runny but has a decent life span. Turns the tires a nice rich black with out being to glossy or shiny

I use a sponge to apply it as spraying would make a mess

Hope that helps

lll2for3lll 03-06-2012 12:51 PM

Re: Matte Finish Tire Dressing Spray.....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeep Trick (Post 587808)
By spray can do you mean aerosole? I have only found pump spray bottles

I used to use a black majic one I liked but it was discontinued and I have not tried the new one yet http://www.blackmagicshine.com/tires.php

I currently am using one

http://www.surfcitygarage.com/shop/b...black-tire-pro

It was what I could find at the time and have to say it applies a little runny but has a decent life span. Turns the tires a nice rich black with out being to glossy or shiny

I use a sponge to apply it as spraying would make a mess

Hope that helps

Thanks but with the different patterens in my tires, applying dressing with a sponge is a horrific exsperience. I would need something that I could spray.

It also has to be dry to the touch. Nothing greasy once it's dry.

Martyp 03-06-2012 02:13 PM

Re: Matte Finish Tire Dressing Spray.....
 
I'd opt for Zaino's stuff, it is stupidly long lasting and a few drops go along way on a sponge/applicator pad.

No an aerosol but the best matte dressing available and unbelievable VFM.

lll2for3lll 03-06-2012 02:52 PM

Re: Matte Finish Tire Dressing Spray.....
 
I saw Zaino z16. Does that stuff come in a spray bottle?

TJXJWJ 03-06-2012 02:52 PM

Re: Matte Finish Tire Dressing Spray.....
 
I've always used the higher gloss stuff that's REALLY easy to find, like Meguiars Hot Shine, or Endurance, and then after application, wipe it down a few times with a terry cloth. That usually takes that ridiculous greasy look off, but leaves a nice, even finish with a little shine. Hot Shine is a pump spray or aerosol. There are a few aerosol foams out there too.

lll2for3lll 03-06-2012 02:58 PM

Re: Matte Finish Tire Dressing Spray.....
 
Trust me, you do not want to have to wipe any Mud Tire with any cloth or foam/sponge pad. It's a nightmare.

I like how Endurance is dry to the touch and how long it last but the high gloss is getting annoying.

I need something matte in an aerosol can or spray bottle.

Jeep Trick 03-06-2012 03:40 PM

Re: Matte Finish Tire Dressing Spray.....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lll2for3lll (Post 587810)
Thanks but with the different patterens in my tires, applying dressing with a sponge is a horrific exsperience. I would need something that I could spray.

It also has to be dry to the touch. Nothing greasy once it's dry.

Well the stuff I mentioned is in a spray bottle and is not greasy

The bottle states that "its never greasy and dirt won't stick to it"

http://www.surfcitygarage.com/shop/b...black-tire-pro

lll2for3lll 03-06-2012 04:20 PM

Re: Matte Finish Tire Dressing Spray.....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeep Trick (Post 587909)
Well the stuff I mentioned is in a spray bottle and is not greasy

The bottle states that "its never greasy and dirt won't stick to it"

http://www.surfcitygarage.com/shop/b...black-tire-pro

Youdamaaan! Pepboys has it in stock in the can for $8. :joe:

Jeep Trick 03-06-2012 05:44 PM

Re: Matte Finish Tire Dressing Spray.....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lll2for3lll (Post 587948)
Youdamaaan! Pepboys has it in stock in the can for $8. :joe:

It applies almost as if you where putting water on the tire and you do have to give it a little time to absorb in

When I first used it I thought there was no way it would work well and turned out my first impression was wrong


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community