Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Sirius Trial subscription (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/sirius-trial-subscription-38584.html)

Rendermandan 03-09-2012 12:33 AM

Sirius Trial subscription

When I bought my slightly used 2011 GC, the sirius was not active. Its on some preview/add channel 184 or something.

I believe that on new GC's you get a year free Sirius trial.
If the original owners of the vehicle activated it, wouldn't it still be working?
and if they haven't activated it, would I be able to get the free year?

brandont 03-09-2012 07:31 AM

I think the 1 year only applies to the initial owner who most likely called and cancelled their account. If you call you can get a 3 mo trial but I think that is all you can get.

Andrew Klossner 03-11-2012 07:47 PM

Re: Sirius Trial subscription

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandont (Post 589978)
I think the 1 year only applies to the initial owner who most likely called and cancelled their account.

Why the heck would they do that?

More likely, this 2011 GC was sold before March 2011 and the one-year subscription has already expired.

brandont 03-11-2012 09:06 PM

Well, Sirius auto - renews for one thing. And the way their CS has been, I wouldn't sell without making sure my radio was turned off.

Andrew Klossner 03-12-2012 04:29 AM

The trial subscription does not auto-renew because Sirius doesn't have a credit card for that account.

AAAA 03-12-2012 08:28 AM

Auto renewal is what Sirius pushes for, but it is not required. You can either give them a temporary card number (if you have that option) or be billed as I did.

Lingohocken 03-17-2012 04:23 PM

Our Sirius sub was cancelled today -- I actually saw it flash on the screen. Now only a small number of useless Sirius channels can be received -- it simply skips over all the rest.

The bad news is that this is six months after purchase, not a year. The good news is that we're scheduled to get a replacement radio next week for other reasons, so I'll stress that we want it with Sirius working properly.

Jeeters 03-19-2012 02:04 PM

The Sirius on my WK2 suddenly de-activated and went to preview channel 184 only a couple weeks after I bought it new.

I forget exactly, but I think if I asked the radio to show me the subscription status, it said it was expired. But I went to the Sirius website and looked it was supposed to be active.

There's a button on the website called something like "Re-send activation signal", and when I clicked it, the radio came back to life about 10 minute later.