Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   Dead (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/dead-38621.html)

blackadder 03-09-2012 10:55 PM

Dead

Hi Did a search but did not find anything recent related to this. My 05 GC is dead. Thought the battery on my key was shot and replaced it still nothing tried my wifes with the same result. No power at all at the Jeep. The LED for the remote/security flashes but nothing works even when being boosted. Perhaps someone has dealt with this and can point me towards a solution.

Chaoul1 03-09-2012 11:03 PM

Re: Dead

Can you be more descriptive? Are you trying to Unlock your Jeep? If so and it's not working, then you might have to get it towed and get the Keys reprogrammed.

Also your battery might be dead. Which means you need a new one.

First try and unlock your Jeep with the Key. If they alarm goes off make sure you have some tools ready to unplug your battery. KEEP READING. the reason why I'm saying this is because my Jeep lost its program and I unplugged the battery and kept plugging it back in, and it worked after a few times.

SvenskaJeepGuy 03-09-2012 11:21 PM

sounds like the battery is totally dead which can lead to a failed alternator

blackadder 03-11-2012 12:58 AM

Did a voltage reading on my battery and had a smokin 3.75 volts so the battery is shot. Replaced it and all seems fine. Pricey SOB though.

lll2for3lll 03-11-2012 01:16 AM

Get an Optima.

blackadder 03-11-2012 07:51 PM

Get an Optima. Why would I consider a piece of crap like that? Just that the battery here was $265.00 I could put 3 batteries in my GTO or my Ram for that price thats all. But it appears by all the **** you put on your Jeep perhaps you buy 2 or 3 at a time any way.

lll2for3lll 03-11-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackadder (Post 591587)
Get an Optima. Why would I consider a piece of crap like that? Just that the battery here was $265.00 I could put 3 batteries in my GTO or my Ram for that price thats all. But it appears by all the **** you put on your Jeep perhaps you buy 2 or 3 at a time any way.

What do you refer on my Jeep to be "shit"........?

My Optima was under $200 and comes will an extensive warranty.

:moon:

blackadder 03-11-2012 11:27 PM

Hey before this gets out of hand I thought you were refering to getting rid of my Jeep and getting an Optima car. And I did not mean S**t I meant Crap as you have added enough electrical robbing add ons to need another battery. You rarely see stuff like that added to Jeeps here as they don't work well at -40 deg. Just different strokes is all. By the way I dont know if you have these in Florida but up here KIA has a car called an Optima that would make a life boat for a Grand Cherokee. I looked up optima batteries and I am to assume that you use one for a Wrangler as they don't have one for Grands.

lll2for3lll 03-11-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackadder (Post 591732)
Hey before this gets out of hand I thought you were refering to getting rid of my Jeep and getting an Optima car. And I did not mean S**t I meant Crap as you have added enough electrical robbing add ons to need another battery. You rarely see stuff like that added to Jeeps here as they don't work well at -40 deg. Just different strokes is all. By the way I dont know if you have these in Florida but up here KIA has a car called an Optima that would make a life boat for a Grand Cherokee. I looked up optima batteries and I am to assume that you use one for a Wrangler as they don't have one for Grands.

You can use any of them. You can change the terminals or bend them slightly. My Optima battery is monster.

And hell no I wasn't talking about a Kia. :rolllol:

As for electrical robbing addons, it's not like I have a sound system or anything. The only major electrical addon I have are the HID projectors. By the way, those are slightly better than stock halogens due to low wattage.