Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   new to jeep and gas engines (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/new-to-jeep-and-gas-engines-38830.html)

HOOCH 03-12-2012 09:06 PM

new to jeep and gas engines

Well long story short my 2011 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel got lemon'd out with 10k on it, opened a case with Chrysler and they gave me 46k to spend on any vehicle. And after very much deliberating and lots of head scratching i decided that the diesel was too much, i mean i used to tow all the time but now all i do is drive lots and lots of hwy with no towing, so it made no sense to keep something that at its best would get 17hwy/11city mpg. Soooooooooooooo with my 46k i decided to buy a 2012 JGC hemi overland summit in true blue pearl with black interior! I sure hope im happy with my new purchase.

But now i cant decide if i want 22's and low pros or 20's with an aggressive tire. These things are so new that i haven't seen too many that aren't stock :(

HOOCH

Scottina06 03-12-2012 09:33 PM

Re: new to jeep and gas engines

welcome!

BuckeyeSRT 03-12-2012 09:53 PM

Excellent choice! Enjoy!

Kashef 03-12-2012 10:06 PM

Welcome!

BimmerAgent 03-12-2012 10:55 PM

Hey Hooch- What caused the "lemoning?" I have a Cummins, so just curious. Don't hear of many problems with Rams. Bruce

SW03ES 03-12-2012 11:09 PM

Congrats!

Only issue is the Overland Summit doesn't come in the colors you've mentioned. Only brilliant black, mineral grey, winter chill, or rugged brown...and it only comes with the saddle interior.

You'll have to move down to the Overland to get true blue with black...

bigjgcfan 03-13-2012 01:44 AM

SW03ES... Good catch on that color/trim.

No Summit's in True Blue/Black... Only in an Overland.

Anyway, Hooch... "Welcome to the Garage" and "Good Luck" with the new Jeep!

AAAA 03-13-2012 05:55 AM

You'll be very happy with your purchase regardless of colors.

peckmv 03-13-2012 07:31 AM

Welcome. The true blue is a nice color. It wasn't available when I ordered my 2012 Overland. If it was I would have given it a long look, but I'm happy with the Cherry Red.

HOOCH 03-13-2012 08:32 AM

Well it may not say summit on it but it has every option that the summit has minus the saddle brown which I did not want, this is how I ordered it from Dave smith!

And my truck developed a loud tick at idle when first started and then it would go away! They tried everything to fix it and finally I told them I didn't want the truck any more and to give me a new one so they did!

Sent from my super duper sweet iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be doing something productive!

HOOCH 03-13-2012 08:35 AM

Peckmv I'll trade ya! I wanted red so bad but would have been a really long wait and I had to make my choice asap cause of the whole lemon law deal

Sent from my super duper sweet iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be doing something productive!

peckmv 03-13-2012 09:55 AM

Hooch, I'll pass on your offer. The Cherry red is awsome in the sunlight. I haven't seen any other than mine. Seems everyone out there is black, grey, or white. I do like the True Blue though. I like being a nonconformist. What color did you settle on?