Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   My experience so far (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/my-experience-so-far-38841.html)

squashedrex 03-13-2012 12:31 AM

My experience so far

Picked up my 2012 Laredo about a week ago, got it for $46k drive away. Upon arrival they tell me that the Reverse Camera is not fitted as they had run out of stock. They also had no Owners Manuals available and tried to give me the US Warranty Manual which has a big yellow sticker on the front stating it does not apply to Australia.

Two other problems being no front tow hooks and no A/T tyres. This mattered as I test drove a 2011 a week before ordering and I was handed at the time what they now tell me is a 2011 brochure. At no point did anyone say, oh yeah the tow hooks and A/T tyres don't come on the 2012 models.

Today I had the reverse camera fitted and they have scratched the tailgate paintwork whilst installing it. Its about a inch long and easily noticeable from a few meters back. This dealer is also a Jag/Landrover dealer so I thought they would have staff that would be extremely careful...guess not. They are supposedly going to call me back today to organise a time for their panel beaters to look at it. I'm not quite sure what they can do other than respray the whole panel. That may create more problems then its worth.

My first experience buying a new car and I gotta say I'm not happy with the dealer, no chance I'm getting it serviced there.

The car has been going great though, always looking for an excuse to drive it somewhere.

jefferson.oz 03-13-2012 01:46 AM

Re: My experience so far

Shame isn't it, hear stories like this far to often.... Dealers screwing up what is for most of us one of the biggest purchases we ever make.... Surely you'd think a happy excited customer would make for pretty good day at work.... Anyway, hope you enjoy it once you get things sorted out, I still love getting in mine everyday!

scarps 03-13-2012 02:58 AM

Thnx for the good and not so good news. jefferson.oz is right though, a happy and content customer is always better than a disgruntled one, particulary these days with the speed of the internet and many forums like this. BTW, can you clarify your $46k driveaway price? This is $2k to $3K below the market and negotiated price I know many of us have paid. Less fleet discount? Claimed the tax back as a deduction? Be interested to know.

Deserthucker 03-13-2012 03:45 AM

You think 30sec of apply 1/2cents worth of masking tape could save the dealer a lot of pain.

I insist my guys use masking tape and protectors on polished laptops before doing warranty work. Saves a lot of anguish later on.

squashedrex 03-13-2012 06:38 PM

I purchased some Mothers Scratch Remover last night and managed to remove 95% of the scratch. Its barely noticeable now and probably more so because I knew it was there.

I did a novated lease through work however the cheapest price they could offer me through their fleet buyer was $47.5k drive away. So I then looked at carsales and found the cheapest new 2012 model in NSW and then rang to confirm it was legit and in stock. That was a dealer in Wollongong. I then rang back their fleet buyer and asked him to match it through my local dealer, $46k drive away metallic paint inc. They matched it. However I could have also purchased it non lease as well at this price as the fleet buyer also offer their services to the general public.

Hope that makes sense.

scarps 03-14-2012 04:29 AM

I did a novated lease through work however the cheapest price they could offer me through their fleet buyer was $47.5k drive away. So I then looked at carsales and found the cheapest new 2012 model in NSW and then rang to confirm it was legit and in stock. That was a dealer in Wollongong. I then rang back their fleet buyer and asked him to match it through my local dealer, $46k drive away metallic paint inc. They matched it. However I could have also purchased it non lease as well at this price as the fleet buyer also offer their services to the general public.

Hope that makes sense.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, makes sense as a fleet buy novated lease as I had same on last Jeep. Just haven't been as lucky on other non work fleet deals. Did however manage to get a 7% finance deal on this deal so think I'm still ok.