Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Should I get Quadra-Lift?

4K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  JeepGuy026 
#1 ·
I've been reading the threads and I've been reading how many have been having problems with their QL. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it for me to have. I live in NYC, the only issue we have are pot holes, and some snow in the winter. I'll be honest, the 2010-2011 winter season was horrendous, and I vowed that my next vehicle will be an SUV. Well it almost time for me to get a new vehicle and I am soon purchasing a GC. I already have a Hemi in my Magnum RT, and I just don't feel the need for another Hemi, been there done that already. I plan on getting the GC Limited, with the selec terrain, but I'm trying to figure out if I should get it with the QL package. Any input helps, thanks.

#2 ·
I live in bergen cty by giants stadium so i can feel your pain of the way the roads turned out this past winter, or lack of it.
I had mine for about a month a GC overland, have 450 miles on it and use the QL all the time. No issues yet...
I would get it if i was you.
Once you get in the jeep you're going to want to go places you've never driven before...
I'm looking very much foward to my yearly trip to Mooswhead Lake Maine and the plethora of dirt roads up there.
I got the skid plates, all 4 of them afterwards, an am pstyched for some back country wheeling.
Took my BMW last year on soem roads..was fun, but the Jeep is going to be a blast.

#3 ·
Sample size of one, but for what it's worth my QL has been flawless over 15 months and 30,600 miles. Driven daily on expressways, so auto adjustment for aero height several times per day, plus occasional OR1 and OR2 for trails or deep snow.

With heavy use of the QL a few times over this period of time I have twice seen the EVIC message for 'QL system cooling down' or whatever it is. But both times, it was a brief message that went away after a minute or two.

Never been recharged, vehicle always level within limits of the system. Beautifully quiet and smooth ride.

So, it can be great. I tend to own my vehicles a long time (10 years or so), so I expect to pay someday for some QL repairs, but so be it.

If I lived in the USA I would definitely get Maximum Care warranty, but it is not available here. I am my own extended warranty.

YMMV.

#5 · (Edited)
My Overland stands near the fence of the dealer center for 33 days. At first on 15000 km exploded rear cylinder, and then when they switched to a new and started to pump up the working pressure in the system, the second cylinder exploded. Again, wait for parts from your f-u-c-k-ing America, and then a court will return a f-u-c-king bucket back to dealer - let them f-u-c-k with him as they want.
Learn how to make real cars, not a bucket of bolts and nuts!
Legend of shit!

#10 ·
If you don't tow.....I don't see the point.

#13 ·
I traded from a Ford Expedition that has a self-leveling air suspension in the rear. I've carried a ton of stuff in that vehicle and it always rode nice no matter what. 82k miles no problem whatsoever.

I got the QL in my new Jeep for the self-leveling feature. The ride is great, and it automatically lowers 1/2" at highway speeds to save gas. When I drive the twisties I dial it into sport mode for the same lowering effect, and the handling is terrific for such a big vehicle.

I can change the oil without the hassle of jacking up the vehicle by raising it to full height.

#14 ·
Get the QL you won't regret it, the ride is beautiful and I haven't had any issues with my QL and I've taken the jeep Offroading lightly without any problems :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.