Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Check engine light (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/check-engine-light-38907.html)

rdalcanto 03-14-2012 01:13 PM

Check engine light

My car has been prefect for 15,000 miles. Yesterday the check engine light came on. It still ran great. I took it in today. They are working on it. So far they have told me that it spit out a transmission code....

rdalcanto 03-14-2012 01:22 PM

Re: Check engine light

Dealer called. They said it was a message saying that a trasmission fluid level was low. Fluid level was fine. They flashed some computer chip to update the software. Everything was good on the test drive. Picking it back up this afternoon. Fingers crossed....

fljeepleo 03-14-2012 02:41 PM

My light came on yesterday. Today they called me, it's a camshaft sensor. They have to pull the thing apart to get to it. 1 year and this is the first time it's been to the dealer. Dealer says its common.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yshoef 04-11-2012 06:16 AM

What was the diagnostic code the computer showed ?
I have something similar right now with codes P2097 and P0131.
Your problems were fixed ?

ajs800 04-11-2012 08:36 AM

my engine light has popped on and off a few times over the last month and is currently off, but will be taking it in soon to have it checked. I'm hoping it's something minor and not related to the #2 cylinder. sitting at 10k miles.

yshoef 04-12-2012 10:34 AM

My engine light is also not stable, it comes and goes for two weeks now.
I have been visiting three different service shops neither of them succeeded to turn it off for good.
Up to now they did the following:
updated an engine version, and both codes reappeared after a couple of hours drive by the yellow engine light.
Replaced an O2 sensor , as a response, P0131 immediately turned off for good.
today i am still driving with the P2097 code saying too reach fuel in bank 1.
They explain that if not catching the problem in realtimem it will be impossible to daignose its source.
lets update each other if the service shop finds it's cause, maybe it will give us a lead.

ajs800 04-13-2012 02:38 PM

Mine came on again today...still haven't taken it to dealer to see what codes it's throwing. It's appeared on and off now 4 different times within the last month.

-

yshoef 04-24-2012 02:40 PM

Re: Check engine light, code 2097 fixed!

my 2097 engine warning was fixed!
it was a catalytic convertor sensor problem.
the service shop change both incoming and outgoing sensors settings and the problem was eliminated. i am driving for a full weel now without the yellow engine warning.

Onroad 04-24-2012 08:55 PM

The new Chrysler Corp is ahead of the curve with all the latest tech (Ford is catching up quickly & GM alittle behind) however it is concerning to see all these sensor problems with the new engine. When Fiat took over a few years ago they mandated extensive road/mileage testing which had never been required before so any problems that arised could be fixed before going into production. Not sure it is working after reading these post..;-(

ftcomp 08-06-2012 08:32 AM

The Check Engine light has been off and on for about a month on my 2008 Jeep WK CRD - and the code is saying it's the camshaft position sensor. Dealership wants $500+ to replace ---- has anyone attempted this themselves on the CRD?

JeepPilot 12-18-2013 07:45 PM

Have a 2013 Overland 6 cylinder with 10,000 miles and the engine light came on. Took to dealer, said it was a bad oil sensing switch. Not in stock. Waited a week for the part.

Code PO6DD.

Picked up this morning. Put 20 miles on car and no light.

padgett 12-18-2013 08:37 PM

If you have an Android smart phone or tab all you need is a $11 BT dongle and a $5 program from the store called Torque Pro. $16 to be able to diagnose (and e-mail yourself results) a $40,000 car.